Next year

Just a hero moment to see how far I could push, hate skimming would board all day long sooner

Me too mate ....but far too late for that can barley lift them above my head anymore.....even trying to scratch my back it feels like I'm gonna pull a muscle.

Being bought up with it helps....but wouldn't take long for spreads to pick up if they were interested.
Poor young fella dabbing failed his driving test this morning.
His boss was telling me he was nearly blubbering on the phone.
Dreams of becoming a full time house basher lol.
Funny how plastering grips you at the start !!!!
You know mate it aint as hard as what people think and alot less hassle

Brother in laws been doing it years . Fast as f**k and perfect finish yet i have more aches then him . There's a easy way to do alot

Theres 2 things that are important for skiming big areas!

1) Technique/Approach to sets & Timing of trowels!

2) Good genatics, if your not made/body wont accept the graft yer f**k*d!

Also working in a pair with another good spread makes the world of difference.

Working on your own day in day out is awful mentaly & physically!

Theres 2 things that are important for skiming big areas!

1) Technique/Approach to sets & Timing of trowels!

2) Good genatics, if your not made/body wont accept the graft yer f**k*d!

Also working in a pair with another good spread makes the world of difference.

Working on your own day in day out is awful mentaly & physically!

I love my 11 year old having a phone now..great having the craic with each other passes the day. my brother calls 3 times a day moaning lol...for his own sanity I suppose.
Work fly's by when on-site.....some good characters around aswell.
And some right weirdos !!!

I love my 11 year old having a phone now..great having the craic with each other passes the day. my brother calls 3 times a day moaning lol...for his own sanity I suppose.
Work fly's by when on-site.....some good characters around aswell.
And some right weirdos !!!
Used to love working on site, we did a good mix of stuff though it wasn't skimming all day. As you say there's always something going on good guys wankers and nut jobs. Been on domestic 20 year's now and I can see why you can go "Andy g" with it.

Used to love working on site, we did a good mix of stuff though it wasn't skimming all day. As you say there's always something going on good guys wankers and nut jobs. Been on domestic 20 year's now and I can see why you can go "Andy g" with it.

I've seen many domestic lads on site that get a floor instead of the plot.
I can fully understand Thier confusion when so much to go at and no one to guide them lol.

I've seen many domestic lads on site that get a floor instead of the plot.
I can fully understand Thier confusion when so much to go at and no one to guide them lol.
It's a totally different world , we'd get a half day on day rate to get set up first day. Get your gear any scaffold you needed get your water and mixer set up. The lab would do that while we beaded out and scrim and skim the ceiling in the area we where starting on. Now it's Mrs jones bedroom.

Its not about being a machine just work out how you will do the plot its easy no sheeting or cleaning apart from scraping out
It's a totally different world , we'd get a half day on day rate to get set up first day. Get your gear any scaffold you needed get your water and mixer set up. The lab would do that while we beaded out and scrim and skim the ceiling in the area we where starting on. Now it's Mrs jones bedroom.

Sounds like you miss it

It is a different world I've gone home from domestic jobs feeling exhausted...chasing my tail.
Things go tits up on both sides.
As does rendering screeding and half the battle believe it or not is getting up early with a fresh head.