NHBC on new houses

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
My house is about 5/6 years old I bought it new and the other day the wind took of a slate from nex door (attached) on inspection ~I noticed the pointing on the ridge and valley is fooked and will probably lead to further tile damage.

anyone know if this is my own problem to sort or should nhbc look after it and get something sorted to rectify because it should not be so bad after 5/6 years ?

Wouldnt waste your time mate just jump on it yourself they will say its an act of god or some other shite excuse.

I think you will find that , this being possible contractor defect is only covered in the first two years, after that unless its falls down, or you discover poisons bubbling up in your garden, your pretty much on our own.

I built a property two years ago, and some of the mortar on the rigdes is falling out and cracking bably, and really only due to the extremely harsh winter we had last year.

I think you'll find that in the first two years after being built it is the builders responsibility to do such repairs under the NHBC warranty, after that the NHBC will ask the builder if they wish to do the repair (I've witnessed this happening on several occasions) or if the builder doesn't care about goodwill with the NHBC then the NHBC will get another contractor to do the repairs. Or they might just ignore you and hope you go away.

depends on who built the houses originaly, if its minor works like that, they will often do it as a gesture of goodwill to avoid the bad publicity, get in touch wth the NHBC.

Worked on many a site unde the NHBC flag.... on site we knew it as never has been checked.
Some of the workmanship I have encountered over the years has been criminal.

Just push them for rectification via letter and email.

Will be interesting to follow this one along.

Worked on many a site unde the NHBC flag.... on site we knew it as never has been checked.
Some of the workmanship I have encountered over the years has been criminal.

Just push them for rectification via letter and email.

Will be interesting to follow this one along.

The NHBC sites I've worked on they were all over the trades like a rash at times often checking reveals for square, walls for plumb and alike.

The NHBC sites I've worked on they were all over the trades like a rash at times often checking reveals for square, walls for plumb and alike.

I agree, we have had some like that ( what ever happened to clerk of works) , but on many occasion this checking has not existed.

We have always endeavored to acheive high standards, so I never worried about whom was over my shoulder, just got frustrated to see others get away with it.

We dont use them anymore we use another outfit who are even worse but it gets the house built.

My house is about 5/6 years old I bought it new and the other day the wind took of a slate from nex door (attached) on inspection ~I noticed the pointing on the ridge and valley is fooked and will probably lead to further tile damage.

anyone know if this is my own problem to sort or should nhbc look after it and get something sorted to rectify because it should not be so bad after 5/6 years ?
If you get any hassle off them give richard brown a bell. The last bloke who tried to fcuk him over is now 6 foot under......... cant beat renegociations skills like that marra.. no one fcuks with the blades.................:RpS_mad:

Well I have reported the problem and they said they will send a guy round to "assess" it. but they said after the second year a defect has to be serious or structural and aalso must be a claim worth a few quid anything for a few hunderd quid or a grand will be dismissed and left up to me?

See what the punk says anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.