Oldest plasterer

Members online

A few years back, in another life before I started doing a bit, we had an old boy into skim out the living and dining room. Was a friend of a friend and was 83 I think. He was known as 'Storming Norman' and had all his planks balanced on beer crates and jumped around like a kid all day. He insisted on only charging £50 a day and would never take anymore. He said he just enjoyed doing a bit and used the money to treat the grand kids. Lovely guy, no idea if he's still alive, but a character. God bless ya Norm.

A few years back, in another life before I started doing a bit, we had an old boy into skim out the living and dining room. Was a friend of a friend and was 83 I think. He was known as 'Storming Norman' and had all his planks balanced on beer crates and jumped around like a kid all day. He insisted on only charging £50 a day and would never take anymore. He said he just enjoyed doing a bit and used the money to treat the grand kids. Lovely guy, no idea if he's still alive, but a character. God bless ya Norm.

sounds like a proper chap :D

At 83 I will be pushing daisys

sounds like a proper chap :D

At 83 I will be pushing daisys

I'm sure you'll be OK at 83 mate.

Yeah, good guy and its that thing of still wanting to be useful and having something to get up for. I've known people in their 60's drop down dead a few years after retiring. The type that graft all their life then suddenly spend their days sat on the sofa watching TV all day. Each to their own of course, and health issues aside, I don't think I'll ever truly retire, would always need a project on the go.

I'm sure you'll be OK at 83 mate.

Yeah, good guy and its that thing of still wanting to be useful and having something to get up for. I've known people in their 60's drop down dead a few years after retiring. The type that graft all their life then suddenly spend their days sat on the sofa watching TV all day. Each to their own of course, and health issues aside, I don't think I'll ever truly retire, would always need a project on the go.

Always good to keep active :D

What age is the oldest plasterer you know?.I know one man he's 62 and most young lads would'nt lace his boots.Great man with sand and cement whistling away to himself all day.
What age is the oldest plasterer you know?.I know one man he's 62 and most young lads would'nt lace his boots.Great man with sand and cement whistling away to himself all day.

I'm 69 work most days re skims new work but love cornice repairs etc

I'm on a new build site at the moment, and it's like dad's army.
There's a roofer in his 7os plumber whose 68 a pair of spreads inside who are both in there 50s, I'm referred to as the 'lad' even though I'm 35 :nocausagracia:.

If I'm on the tools past 50 I'm off a bridge

im 58, still fit, only pain is wearing glasses, bonus is no more blobs of plaster in my eyes

I see an old plasterer most mornings when shaving