On Mobile Driving

Vincey

Private Member
Saw this on news last night ,thought it's worth putting up,so sad but most of us if honest must admit when driving even if in a holder (legal) using mobile is distracting,the dude was selecting music within 10 second of this photo he ploughed straight through the car's in front ,first car killed the mother and 3 kids with her 12 yr old the only surviving, terrible.
WP_20161031_22_40_14_Pro.jpg

Shocking. I agree with the mother when she said we should look at using a phone while driving with the same distaste as drink driving.

Awful story this.
All the time the penalty for using one is so low, people will continue to use them. Hopefully if people see this they'll think twice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry it's a bit depressing thread ,I on Bluetooth and do alot of talking when in van ,I know the dude was looking down not in a holder but honestly thinking now turn phone off full stop when in van,it's just to distracting imo.. The video that was on t.v yesterday it happened so quick and the guy face as he realised, can't get it out my head today
WP_20161031_22_40_19_Pro.jpg

It's very very sad all round, only 10 years for taking three lives, but the flip side is for a lapse of concentration he is banged up for a minimum 5 years 7.5 years without parole

Yep really sad is this lad I work with used to always use fone whilst driving til I told him off he dsnt anymore..cant stand c ing people driving with Mobile to the ear it shud be in same category as drink driving

Drink driving or on your phone is obviously wrong but so is speeding which causes more deaths so should speeding also be treated the same way ?

Ironically this man had just been made to sign a form promising not to use a phone whilst driving. The in cab film must have shown his employers that he did this on a regular basis. 10 yrs doesn't seem enough for the lives snuffed out.

It's not worth it lads.......let it go to answerphone........

Speeding is not an issue... its the idiots that lack basic skill...

Speeding kills more people than those who use a mobile at the wheel, so with respect speeding is more of an issue than mobile use.

Speeding kills more people than those who use a mobile at the wheel, so with respect speeding is more of an issue than mobile use.

I can speed "safely" my wife is oblivious to whats going around her so she is a danger...

I can speed "safely" my wife is oblivious to whats going around her so she is a danger...

I can drive and use my phone safely doesn't make it right though, it's just that one moment be it phone or speeding

I can drive and use my phone safely doesn't make it right though, it's just that one moment be it phone or speeding

Maybe maybe not... I was taught to drive to the conditions... most idiots on the roads have no idea how the conditions affects their driving...

Don't know if it's my age now but when I travel on motorways and someone is in middle lane ( and inside lane is free for them to move into) i come upto them I think I bet they are on there phone and 9/10 times they are , I even saw a woman the other day doing her make up at 70mph hogging middle lane , FFS

Don't know if it's my age now but when I travel on motorways and someone is in middle lane ( and inside lane is free for them to move into) i come upto them I think I bet they are on there phone and 9/10 times they are , I even saw a woman the other day doing her make up at 70mph hogging middle lane , FFS

Hate middle lane hoggers... I often wish I had a bull bar on the front of the car so I could nudge the c**ts out the way....

Hate middle lane hoggers... I often wish I had a bull bar on the front of the car so I could nudge the c**ts out the way....
Seriously always thought the rule was pull over to the inside lane to let others pass by but nowadays it's like the norm for lane 3 to be chocker and the slow lane , lane 2 is hoggers on phone lane and lane 1 is the fast lane to over take everyone ( but it's not legal) just how it is ... Think I'm turning into me dad

Don't even look at the phone when driving, if it rings then it will go into a message service.

Yes mate. If its a good client they will not expect you to be waiting by the phone. I set up my phone to different ring tone for work/private/family/unknown so I can know by sound if its likely to be priority and worth pulling over for. Family first, then mates, clients. Unknowns usually get screened anyway.

Roads are far to busy nowadays ....rules are there for a reason ....speeding/phones/drinking.
The cars a lethal weapon.
Its other drivers mistakes you need to look out for aswell.
Any of the above is pure fuucking ignorance to other peoples lives.

You can be the safest driver on the road until some pathetic excuse plows in to you for some reason. And it's useful innocent party that gets hurt or in the above instance killed.

Maybe maybe not... I was taught to drive to the conditions... most idiots on the roads have no idea how the conditions affects their driving...

Ok well let's take Michael Schumacher, one of the best drivers but he was also a very skilled skier but he had an accident skiing which has as good as killed him, accidents happen no matter how good you/we think we are, so if you have accident speeding and kill 3 people you are no different to this guy on the phone.

Ok well let's take Michael Schumacher, one of the best drivers but he was also a very skilled skier but he had an accident skiing which has as good as killed him, accidents happen no matter how good you/we think we are, so if you have accident speeding and kill 3 people you are no different to this guy on the phone.

maybe... schumacher is a t**t though

Of course they are no different, if you are doing something that is illegal and are involved in an accident you should be held accountable and punished accordingly. If that was my family that C U N T killed I would let him do his time and then deal with him how I felt fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah since I seen this story I`ve been sitting my fone on the far passenger seat - no temptation that way
Bluetooth headset for calls but usually pull in to take them anyway

A polish trucker was middle lane hogging a couple of weeks ago and I went to overtake him to give him the finger only for him to drift over and nearly take me out!! Had a good look when I went past and I saw him on his mobile phone. Bellend!!!

Was done for answering my phone one night. Guards behind me in unmarked jeep, I answered phone then blue lights after me. 3 points and insurance up! Have to admit, I'm a stupid f**k*r and sometimes still chat on phone while driving. Txting is a no no though!

phone auto connects to my cars hands free and I now even lock it in the boot...

I am quite capable of using it while driving... dont think it is anymore of a distraction than a nagging wife or messing with a sat nav but my license is worth way more and with the amount of vehicles I insure it is not worth it :D