Part Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

clouseau61

Hello Guys & Gals

Just signed up to forum. Have already found lots of useful tips & tricks and hope will come in handy. I've recently completed a plastering course and befort this was convinced that I was just a total amoeba, when holding a trowell. This came about having been messed about by alleged local plasterers and wasn't that happy with the work when we eventually found one.
Straight after the course I jumped straight onto the main bedroom (dormer conversion with beams and wedge shaped walls :( 1st ceiling took all day, but finally was doing a wall in about 1/2 hr. I too had some problems with corners ( 2nd coat pulling 1st through and dragging huge boulders across fresh plaster :mad: Eventually the penny dropped and now can get myself a really good flat coat. I take my time and have learnt to just get it on then leave it alone until it's gone off just enough to play with... and hey...result.
Since then I've done a few bits and bats and am going to look at a bigger job at weekend. The builder who did my dormer had a look too and has asked if he can put some work my way. So I'm just going to give it a good go, part time, and see how it goes, but I can't remember geeting such a buzz from grafting for a long time.
Hopefully in time I can pass on some hints and mistakes too!

Ta Ta For Now

Steve

nice one :cool:
gotta say though...if you can finish a wall in 1/2 an hour im not surprised the builders after you! takes me 2 1/2 - 3 hours to do 1 wall or 2 walls or a ceiling...

Me too!

How you doing a wall in half hour? :eek:

Welcome aboard mate.

come to that, theres loads of people on here who would love to know how you managed to get a ceiling to hold off all day! unless you jut kept trowelling on coat after coat of plaster...
i presume these are exaggerations?? :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.