Plaster coming away from angle bead?

Members online

Hi,

Has anyone seen this happen before?

View attachment 34773

I hired a plasterer last week, earlier this week the room was almost dry, I noticed the plaster is coming away from the angle bead?

I've kept the room ventilated (window open) and made sure the radiators where turned off.

The rest of the room is fine, and the plasterer is happy to come back and fix it. It looks like the plaster hasn't stuck to the bead, is this something that can happen?

It's happening almost the entire length of the bead (top and bottom), there's a bit in the middle where it's ok.

Lower down, not shown in the photo, I've pressed against the plaster where it's come away from the bead. I wanted to see if the rest of the plaster further away from the bead was ok - it is, seems solid.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to do?

My plasterer wants to pull it all down and redo it all - I'd rather not have to do that, as the rest of the plaster looks fine.

I guess at the very least, we should knock off the plaster that's come away from the bead.

Would that be enough, then re-plaster? If so, any recommendations to help stop this happening again? PVA the bead? Perhaps scrim tape over the bead?
This is a piss take that plastering is shocking and I doubt any one hiring a plasterer is that thick to think this is good work. It’s f**k**g s**t

This is a piss take that plastering is shocking and I doubt any one hiring a plasterer is that thick to think this is good work. It’s f**k**g s**t

To be honest, the whole thing looks like the work of a madman. What the fcuk is going on with that studwork?

See photo below:

Side A - Some plaster had fallen off near the corner, so it was bonded before plastering
Side B - The front of this was a wood panel, we put plasterboard over it.

Would wood underneath the plasterboard cause the plaster on the other side to dry out in this way?

Would applying PVA over the exposed bead and re-plastering fix this issue?

View attachment 34802
Would wood.

Why does Edward Woodward have so many D's in his name?

Cos how would you like to be called Ewar Woowar?

Hi,

Has anyone seen this happen before?

View attachment 34773

I hired a plasterer last week, earlier this week the room was almost dry, I noticed the plaster is coming away from the angle bead?

I've kept the room ventilated (window open) and made sure the radiators where turned off.

The rest of the room is fine, and the plasterer is happy to come back and fix it. It looks like the plaster hasn't stuck to the bead, is this something that can happen?

It's happening almost the entire length of the bead (top and bottom), there's a bit in the middle where it's ok.

Lower down, not shown in the photo, I've pressed against the plaster where it's come away from the bead. I wanted to see if the rest of the plaster further away from the bead was ok - it is, seems solid.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to do?

My plasterer wants to pull it all down and redo it all - I'd rather not have to do that, as the rest of the plaster looks fine.

I guess at the very least, we should knock off the plaster that's come away from the bead.

Would that be enough, then re-plaster? If so, any recommendations to help stop this happening again? PVA the bead? Perhaps scrim tape over the bead?
Ask for money back, he ain't got a clue what he is painting.is he a spark.

looking at the comments in more detail,I think you're right........what customer would be asking if putting PVA on the bead or in the mix or scrim taping it would fix the problem?

you've been knobbled Stevie boy :sisi:
Is the bead sticking to proud and loose. Old pink going off to quick. Or a s**t plastrer