Plasterboard edge bead question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1234tttt

I'm going to overboard an old ceiling with 9.5mm board, but im going to keep the old cornice/coving. I'm planning to board upto about 20mm to the cornice and then use this.

Link Removed

Firstly, is this correct thing to use, secondly is this type of aluminium easy to paint over (as the edges will be visible), and lastly does the 9.5mm edge bead measurement refer to the thickness of the board used or to the profile width, as they do this in 12.5 and 15mm sizes.

many thanks

Jon

I would just use a 3mm stop bead and stick it on with plaster , the beads you show are difficult enough to get on perfect, you would need to click them on before fitting,

Welcome 1234tt, catchy name by the way, I would stick a bead or scimk up to cornice

Id just skim up to it mate them beads are rubbish . If you really want to use a bead use a stop bead but when you buy them make sure none of them are twisted coz the bead could actually show thru the plaster ,all so if you do use a stop bead put some masking or duct tape on the coving it makes cleaning it of a bit easier

I have used them beads alot , use a packer around the cornice if its square .... Doubt it or board up to cornice then measure back off it then chalk line and cut along the line , making sure u dont screw right up to the edge so it flaps abit then put the beads on , all the ones ave done luked spoty dog :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.