plastering on to red brick ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tisstew

Hi to all
i am new to the plastering game still at collage studying my level 1. i have been asked to plaster inside a porch for my brother, the job requires me to plaster over painted (masonry paint) red brick , i am just a bit unsure how to go about it . should i use bonding , then finish , when prime the walls do i use pva or bond-it . i will be grateful for any advice
thanks

Alright bud,:RpS_thumbup: is it poss to line it with plasterboard, and skim it? That is an option, if not Blue grit,WBA etc, bonding and finish

no he wants it solid so it will last as the porch get a lot of traffic bumps n knocks ect . just another question but how long do i have 2 wait b4 skimming over the bonding ?

no he wants it solid so it will last as the porch get a lot of traffic bumps n knocks ect . just another question but how long do i have 2 wait b4 skimming over the bonding ?
Same day is best but next day will be sound but might pull in a bit

Blue grit, bead and bond next day, maybe skim same day depending on suction of bricks, thickness of bonding and how fast you are at floating.

If you have to skim the bonding the next day just give it a couple of coats of PVA to control the suction.:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.