Plastering wages fall by 2.5%

Members online

No members online now.
Nah mate, just a grafter that enjoys life! Lol. I’m not taking the piss out of anyone that has to work for £2.50’s. I just wouldn’t be taken the piss out of, my customers and my select builders naturally just pay more for quality work just like we all do. ;)

What sort of rates would you looking for skimming on new builds mate ?

Don’t have to look! Lol. If you really want to know I’ll pm you. ;)

No it's sound ....my point was I know 2 QS in the north west mate ....the firms they use are charging £5 labour only skim.
Which leaves not much for the lads doing the work.

These outfits go on large projects and go in cheap to get the sites.
They argue their forking out thousands in materials and wages and are taking the risk....that's why margins are tight.

Plastering seems to run by business men (y)

4 ground workers on a Taylor whimpey site today got docked £60 each for turning up on site late 10 mins everyday.
How the fuuck does this happen when there only 1 man driving the van stuck in traffic.....on top of grafting in the rain.

It's not that hard 8 handy mixes.
He skimmed 60 plots for Walsh plastering in barrow @£3.50. oakmere homes site.
Walked off the job towards the end when it came to the little plots.

Now got a Jones homes site in poulton for redrose dryling.
The northern lads on here know them.
He said it works out about £1350 for 10/11 hits (y)
It's not that hard 8 handy mixes.
He skimmed 60 plots for Walsh plastering in barrow @£3.50. oakmere homes site.
Walked off the job towards the end when it came to the little plots.

Now got a Jones homes site in poulton for redrose dryling.
The northern lads on here know them.
He said it works out about £1350 for 10/11 hits (y)
not impossible or far out at all , but as said , he is a fool to to be doing that graft for £2.50 m2 , 3 hits a day with laborer 120m2 covered easily at £5 a m2 , i happy , laborer happy and happy customer , if plasterers keep going so low on m2 they f**k it up for all the rest of us , barrats on iow last year paying £1.50m2 and people still turning up every day for work , single coating and hell of job for painters , 10 years ago i was getting £6m2 supply on board , someone mentioned earlier that we must all be thick fucks thats why we get so little , well if we except so f**k**g little then we are thick fucks !!!

not impossible or far out at all , but as said , he is a fool to to be doing that graft for £2.50 m2 , 3 hits a day with laborer 120m2 covered easily at £5 a m2 , i happy , laborer happy and happy customer , if plasterers keep going so low on m2 they f**k it up for all the rest of us , barrats on iow last year paying £1.50m2 and people still turning up every day for work , single coating and hell of job for painters , 10 years ago i was getting £6m2 supply on board , someone mentioned earlier that we must all be thick fucks thats why we get so little , well if we except so f**k**g little then we are thick fucks !!!

I've had the same conversation a hundred times on here mate ....unless lads down tools theres nothing that will change.

In 2008 crash I know families who where fighting on site over £1.85.

House builders don't care who you are but how quick and how cheap you can smash the plots out.

I've worked for plenty of small builders down south on decent money.

When I first moved up here I started on a Barrat site and was asked what sort of rates am I looking for after skimming first plot.
£3.50 I said.....he replied "yer not int fooking London now lad".

I've posted that up about 30 times on this forum lol

I've had the same conversation a hundred times on here mate ....unless lads down tools theres nothing that will change.

House builders don't care who you are but how quick and how cheap you can smash the plots out.

When I first moved up here I started on a Barrat site and was asked what sort of rates am I looking for after skimming first plot.

hmmmm banging your head against brick wall , totally understand bruv

If we hit another recession and our wages are contracting in a boom God help us.

If I couldn’t earn a good living in this trade then I wouldn’t be doing it mate! Lol. Unlike some, struggling and moaning for the rest of their lives.
Exactly! Anyone in this game that don't think like that in our game is a Muppet in my eyes, it's just not worth it if your not pulling a good wage in every week full stop!

4 ground workers on a Taylor whimpey site today got docked £60 each for turning up on site late 10 mins everyday.
How the fuuck does this happen when there only 1 man driving the van stuck in traffic.....on top of grafting in the rain.

Ooh... Timekeeping. Turn up ten minutes late for me and there's a good chance I'll send you home.

I f**k**g hate lateness. You lazy disrespectful basterds.

Ask @Tinytom about this. 15 minutes early is keen.

10 minutes early is good.

5 minutes early is on time.

On-time is late.

And late... there's no such f**k**g thing as late. I don't keep you late without pay so how f**k**g dare you turn up late.

You want to get my back up, you just try turning up five minutes late.

Ooh... Timekeeping. Turn up ten minutes late for me and there's a good chance I'll send you home.

On-time is late.

And late... there's no such f**k**g thing as late. I don't keep you late without pay so how f**k**g dare you turn up late.

You've not hope picking up @theclemo then lol

The more u make the more u pay in tax. The more I make there is always some c**t to take money off me for one thing or another. Running a plastering business is a joke and Same for most trades. Having a trade is not a good thing anymore. And that's it. This race to the bottom talk. Buy being in a trade now we are at the bottom. Let's just face it. We are uneducated tools lol.

On-time is late.

Hundred percent agree, iv been picking new labourer up lately and if I pull up on his drive and he’s not stood at the door ready to go he gets 1 min then I’m off without him and he’s lost a days work. I’m there on time and I expect the same

Hundred percent agree, iv been picking new labourer up lately and if I pull up on his drive and he’s not stood at the door ready to go he gets 1 min then I’m off without him and he’s lost a days work. I’m there on time and I expect the same

It's about the only thing I'm still an army psycho about.

Can't do f**k all with someone who's not there

I'm as hard on myself too. If i say start at 8 and knock off at 1630 I f**k**g well mean it.

Both ways. For us both.

Never EVER take the piss out of somebody else's time

I'm as hard on myself too. If i say start at 8 and knock off at 1630 I f**k**g well mean it.

Both ways. For us both.

16.30 come out in a hot sweat then surely you meant 13.30 :ROFLMAO:

Seems alright to me if the Man is supplying all the work and doing all the worrying. Just tip up at 8 and go home at half four.

I have to find all my own work for that money. I only charge the Man £120 a day for my ongoing work, then £120 for the labourer, pay him £80, make a bit on material and do price work round the area too which I work out at £180 a day each. Still pay £80.

So it's a grand a week or perhaps a bit more but it's me doing all the worrying. Phone never stops. 800 and something for just turning up and chucking plaster on the wall is a fuckking bobbies job. When can I start?
Damn right do it for mucn

Both ways. For us both.

I hate lateness too. Ex missus was late to everything. Used to drive me doolally
Didnt drivr so. Id hada run her to work. Ten - 15 min journey and shed land down 5mins before her shift. Told her countless times that was by business youd be sacked. But late to every thing. Yet funny if her mates tell her they would get her at a certain time shed freak if they flaffed. Gimp of a doll lol

No it's sound ....my point was I know 2 QS in the north west mate ....the firms they use are charging £5 labour only skim.
Which leaves not much for the lads doing the work.

These outfits go on large projects and go in cheap to get the sites.
They argue their forking out thousands in materials and wages and are taking the risk....that's why margins are tight.

Plastering seems to run by business men (y)

That's where you gotta box clever and get away from the bean counters who only think in terms of volume.

Domestic is a good area to be in.

I'm very quickly building up a business with investment people. There's no f**k**g way that a man in Dublin can run a job in Donegal but they still buy cheap property here.

Enter Stevieo who'll fix it up for you with one phone call and it's bye bye bean counters, bye bye accounts and thank f**k I know Steveio.

That's where you gotta box clever and get away from the bean counters who only think in terms of volume.

I'm very quickly building up a business with investment people. There's no f**k**g way that a man in Dublin can run a job in Donegal but they still buy cheap property here.

Enter Stevieo who'll fix it up for you with one phone call and it's bye bye bean counters, bye bye accounts and thank f**k I know Steveio.

Steve I've done plenty of decent houses up here on decent rates.....
Il still skim them the same mate (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190510-182203.png
    Screenshot_20190510-182203.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 329