Polished plastering

Members online

rhysevans27

Hi all
For a long while I have been itching to get into polished plaster but really don't know what the best way is to getting into it.
There is the the beginner courses I have seen but I always have reservations about these with not knowing anyone who has been on one.
Any advice and info would be grateful
Cheers

Hi all
For a long while I have been itching to get into polished plaster but really don't know what the best way is to getting into it.
There is the the beginner courses I have seen but I always have reservations about these with not knowing anyone who has been on one.
Any advice and info would be grateful
Cheers
I was going to put a post on earlier exactly the same thing . I was talking to another plasterer i know who did the course . Think it cost him around £500 plus a week off work . In a year he’s only had two jobs from it .

Well worth doing and becoming more and more popular... I know a chap (marrying my cousin) who did the course and thats all he does now...

Think the amount work you get is down to how you advertise it... I would be looking at the target market :D

I was going to put a post on earlier exactly the same thing . I was talking to another plasterer i know who did the course . Think it cost him around £500 plus a week off work . In a year he’s only had two jobs from it .

did you he advertise to the right people??

did you he advertise to the right people??
I think it’s just the area we live . It’s hard enough for to get people to pay for skimming let alone Venetian . I suppose if you work in London or where all the footballers live you might get more work

You have to be prepared to travel if you live in an area where the work out prices most customers. I'm in Manchester and the majority of local work to me is hale. Other than that it's a travel and stop over. The money you can make is well worth it. Your friend who only did 2 jobs should have made the money back from the course, the money lost from taking a week off plus a bit extra. For years people have had a go at courses to do with plastering. To learn Venetian unless you know someone who will take you as an apprentice (there really isn't anyone) a course is the best way to learn.

I think it’s just the area we live . It’s hard enough for to get people to pay for skimming let alone Venetian . I suppose if you work in London or where all the footballers live you might get more work

There are rich areas everywhere.... just got to get yourself out there with it

Hi, I just did a wall with Marmorino. 3 coats fine, watched the videos and gave it a go.came out ok, the builder and customer were well happy with it. Learned loads doing it and will do one more for another customer.But to be honest it was mega stressful, you have to be ultra clean and even a bit of dandruff on your trowel will mark it when polishing. If a crack comes through from the brick/ block or whatever background in the future fixing it would be tricky I think,so I will give it a miss.

I.ve considered this but never been asked round here. Only sawnit once on one job.
@RobJack if you got half a brain when it comes to plastering will you be able to pick it up from course or do you need to be with some one for a while.
It does look a lot less graft for lot more money

Is it time to add another string to your bow?

If yes, then maybe the P1 Venetian Training Academy is for you.

There are 2 weeks to go until our second course at the P1 Venetian training academy in Cheltenha

There are still a couple of spaces left, so give us a call on 01242 236699 or visit:
www.p1venetian.co.uk and fill out the booking form.

Course date:
Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th April

Course cost:
£350.00 + VAT per person

I have attached some images from our last course so you can see the type of finishes being taught

Our course is linked with the well respected brand Impera Italia who have years of experience in this field

Please let me know if you would like more information

A27FB8C4-9649-4C4E-A3E9-880AF7C402C6.png

Hi, I just did a wall with Marmorino. 3 coats fine, watched the videos and gave it a go.came out ok, the builder and customer were well happy with it. Learned loads doing it and will do one more for another customer.But to be honest it was mega stressful, you have to be ultra clean and even a bit of dandruff on your trowel will mark it when polishing. If a crack comes through from the brick/ block or whatever background in the future fixing it would be tricky I think,so I will give it a miss.
Polyfilla and a set of felt tip pens lol

if your not a clean and tidy plasterer then forget venetian, idealy suited to decoraters as clients want advice on colour schemes etc.

Just put plastering in YouTube . We're going for a meal for wife's birthday I'm just waiting for her to get ready.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_113245046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190414_113245046_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 394
I.ve considered this but never been asked round here. Only sawnit once on one job.
@RobJack if you got half a brain when it comes to plastering will you be able to pick it up from course or do you need to be with some one for a while.
It does look a lot less graft for lot more money
I would say yes mate. If your switched on and you pay attention on a course you will learn a lot. I'm not saying you will go on straight away to smash a big wall on your own but time and practice gains experience egg. Being clean is massive though. Any speck of crap can ruin your finish. You also need a good eye for detail. Masking is very important and I've seen work done where the straight line is like a wave and cocks up the whole job.