Poor Plasterers

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
There is so many different types of plasterers on here, the business pros, the site guys , the domestic dons , and the multitraders, the renderers,
What is everyone’s opinion on these prices today, my cousin flipped his lid today when he went to b&q, said they not even offering multi buy now either, most say you can’t get better prices in merchants, so is this the new prices for 2018.
BG always state that the merchants set the price so is this b and q setting the price for coming year or what
95FB06C3-C8EE-468C-A962-C8B7FEA39F01.jpeg

Why is that Vincey? Are they imported from the EU? This is all manufactured in uk by british and we are still in the eu, economy is booming, pound is strong like never before and there is no price increase across the border.
But what do I know:rolleyes:. I am sure @gps can put our minds to rest:)

But cheaper through tradepoint, wickes still do multi buy.

That one bag earns me £100 not including the material cost.

It’s a pittance, I do not see an issue lol.

Why is that Vincey? Are they imported from the EU? This is all manufactured in uk by british and we are still in the eu, economy is booming, pound is strong like never before and there is no price increase across the border.
But what do I know:rolleyes:. I am sure @gps can put our minds to rest:)
Mate I’m presuming you mean everyone is getting ready for Brexit ?

But cheaper through tradepoint, wickes still do multi buy.

That one bag earns me £100 not including the material cost.

It’s a pittance, I do not see an issue lol.
Far play mate tbh I was expecting some to reply saying that and others to be livid , but £6.20 is near crazy and I’d expect wickes to follow suit and banish the multi buy in the new year too

Last edited:
Far play mate tbh I was expecting some to reply saying that and others to be livid , but £6.20 is near crazy and I’d expect wicked to follow suit and banish the multi buy in the new year too

How is it near crazy when the 1 bag earns you £100 plus ? That’s a very good mark up my friend

I was clearing out tut and found receipts for:
multi in 2001 - £2.79 a bag.
Refina MM22S - £252
Thistle Bond-it 10lt - £23.19

How is it near crazy when the 1 bag earns you £100 plus ? That’s a very good mark up my friend
2.79 in 2001 16byears later only £6.20 not bad at all with respect vincey
Fair enough I get you mate , I too remember £2.50 a bag and tbh the money was still roughly the same for doing what we do , in fact I’d say the wages are probably less now for the same jobs in a lot of the parts of the country, to some plasterers I think it does matter a lot in all honesty

Fair enough I get you mate , I too remember £2.50 a bag and tbh the money was still roughly the same for doing what we do , in fact I’d say the wages are probably less now for the same jobs in a lot of the parts of the country, to some plasterers I think it does matter a lot in all honesty

Why it’s not like they are paying for it lol. If you seriously believe this to be the case then these folk shouldn’t be in business.

Why it’s not like they are paying for it lol. If you seriously believe this to be the case then these folk shouldn’t be in business.
Saying a bag earns you a mark up of a £100 pound less the £6.20 I is very disingenuous in the Nigel farage ,£300m back to the NHS , mmmm

Welcome to my world gents I have been paying that for multi for a good old while from the merchants.

I’m just being real mate , I’d admit myself I ain’t the best business head but take out f**k ups on jobs and quoting plus extra costs of everything plus a hike on shitty multi it does seem bad for sole traders

I’m just being real mate , I’d admit myself I ain’t the best business head but take out f**k ups on jobs and quoting plus extra coats of everything plus a hike on shitty multi it does seem bad for sole traders
It's not as good as it was pre 2008 but I'm older and slower also , I'm earning enough to keep me happy

If a job requires 1bag of skim then this one bag costing 6.20 earns me more than £100. Material cost added on top.
Still not quite correct , your skill , your ability to get the work and do it earns you that money ,not the bag ,that's just materials , that's like saying a lump of beef and some assorted veggies gets a restaurant a Michelin star

I’m just being real mate , I’d admit myself I ain’t the best business head but take out f**k ups on jobs and quoting plus extra costs of everything plus a hike on shitty multi it does seem bad for sole traders

It’s peanuts, if spreads cannot earn from it then look for something else,

Still not quite correct , your skill , your ability to get the work and do it earns you that money ,not the bag ,that's just materials , that's like saying a lump of beef and some assorted veggies gets a restaurant a Michelin star

Agree, point being for a very small cost I earn a very good living.

It’s peanuts, if spreads cannot earn from it then look for something else,
Fair enough mate , I’m definitely gonna sit down myself and have a good look at everything price wise , tbh I’ve noticed myself over this last part of the year all the price variations at merchants even from week to week , I’ll be honest I’m taking this multi set price especially at b and q quite seriously , I mean look at the dry wall price £10 , wtf , imagine a lot have quoted jobs already for the next year and for all we know these could be hiked again and drop us in a right mess

Fair enough mate , I’m definitely gonna sit down myself and have a good look at everything price wise , tbh I’ve noticed myself over this last part of the year all the price variations at merchants even from week to week , I’ll be honest I’m taking this multi set price especially at b and q quite seriously , I mean look at the dry wall price £10 , wtf , imagine a lot have quoted jobs already for the next year and for all we know these could be hiked again and drop us in a right mess

Hiked again to what 6.4o lol get a grip vincey