practice makes perfect?

Jay1988

hi lads n lasses. sorry in advance because this post might drag on a bit!

so 3-4 years ago i did the 6 week goldtrowel course as a starter if you like into the plastering trade, to add anothet string to my bow. not expecting to come out as fully experienced spread for obvious reasons, just thought it would be a good start! so 3-4 years down the line i don't really advertise that i 'do' plastering as i don't think thats right really, just do jobs for friends and family.

i think i'm at the point now where i think my finish is ok but i've reached my skill limit and struggle with a few elements i.e. getting my angles nice and crisp, doing bigger hits that sorta thing, but i can't as i don't do enough of it, just a vicious cycle!

i really wanna improve my plastering skills and feel the only & proper way would be to get in with a spread to learn. trouble is don't know anyone near where i live, as i moved away from area i grew up in and know everyone.
so in a very long winded way i was just wondering if any of u guys on here ever needed or know someone who needs a hand? would be up for any experience i can get really, i think thats the best way to learn. served my time in an apprenticeship been in the trade since i was a lad, 10+ years now got my own business self employed so i can just help out a day here and there if needed.
my trade before u ask is sparking, (tin hat is on for the abuse i will now recieve!) lol.

cheers lads
jamie. :)

Best thing to do is get involved on some threads on here and you necver know what might come up :D

i don't really advertise that i 'do' plastering as i don't think thats right really, just do jobs for friends and family.

If you can skim, advertise that you can skim. Listen, the world has changed so much in a few short years that you need to do what you go tto do to put bread on the table for your kids. As long as you dont f**k the jobs up and do a runner, you get out there and advertise that you can skim. Me personaly, i have been skimming and rendering off and on for near 20 years or more, i struggle with large hits aswell. If its a sq area, i can manage but when its all angles plus a sq area, it sends me insane. Ive worked with plasterers who eat and s**t others with large hits of skim yet they are useless at rendering for some reason. If you make a mistake, correct them. Thats how you learn. Youll find you own rhythm anyway because we all do it differently.

Or if you really want to learn, theres a master plastering on youtube going by the name of rwf :rico: Follow him and youll do well :loco::envidioso:envidioso

this is one for old vincey boy, practice makes perfect one day he may make a succesfull product promotional pin up poster boy.

one doubts it though :hola: