Pressure on

Members online

Never done a job before and I'm feeling the pressure. Over skiming a perfect wall that spark have chased and I mean perfect no blemishes through house faultless and I've got to be on my best to over skim the two walls to mach rest of house I can do a good like best spreads about. But sometimes the best can have a bad day. Anybody else feel low in confidence worried gear going to be s**t ect the trouble whith me I'm a perfectionist that y il never make a fortune

What do you mean, never done a job before?

Yes but I don't see why your bottle has gone? It's only a couple of walls.
I think becouse I know this lad very well he whant everything bang on the other plaster he was old school and the rest of the house is spot on m8 it just me being stupid ocd playing up I think plays havoc whith mind sometimes

I think becouse I know this lad very well he whant everything bang on the other plaster he was old school and the rest of the house is spot on m8 it just me being stupid ocd playing up I think plays havoc whith mind sometimes
Don’t overthink things and torment yourself or you’ll be a nervous wreck.Get it on it will be fine.

Don’t overthink things and torment yourself or you’ll be a nervous wreck.Get it on it will be fine.
Thanks yes should be OK it just me being stupid. it only last 5 years I have had confidence in my self when I was growing up I was very low in confidence some days it can creep back for a day but I can pick my back in no Time not like years ago.

I know what you mean... there are times when I have not picked up a trowel for 6 months or more and you gotta slap on some walls for someone that expects high standards.... I know that pressure... the worst thing you can do is worry.

Also worrying means you care and that says a lot about a person :D

Ocd is a terrible thing mate it really can drive you mad some days, I know because I have it. It’s never affected my confidence though just get spouts of panic, double checking things are done properly and over thinking sometimes. It can be very very hard to try and control. :(

Ocd is a terrible thing mate it really can drive you mad some days, I know because I have it. It’s never affected my confidence though just get spouts of panic, double checking things are done properly and over thinking sometimes. It can be very very hard to try and control. :(
Exactly like that. might be a good thing sometime but hard work

I spent 3 days adjusting the engine in my kit because it was 3mm out of align.... it's perfect now but do wonder what I could have done with those 3 days instead

I've mentioned before that my old man's favourite saying was "I may be rough, but I'm slow". The look on some builders faces was priceless.
Ha heard it a few times . I like telling em its me first job when they ask how long lol. A joiner say one I like (alot) if in doubt sand it out lol

I spent 3 days adjusting the engine in my kit because it was 3mm out of align.... it's perfect now but do wonder what I could have done with those 3 days instead
Mate that’s bonkers ain’t it! It’s very hard to explain to some people just what it does to you.

Yes I doubt my self on many jobs. Especially if you know the person and he knows so many contact that you work for It just lack of confidence some days like any job. I think sometimes the jobs you doubt about more than the others turn out to be the best becouse you not given your 100% it 110% and tha might be good thing sometimes
No where you coming from pal always second doubting, grilling me self over finish shining lights up it pick out every and any little snag, then spend rest of day worry about it, never happy with what I've done always fault finding drives me mad! But as said even the best have have off days and make mistakes, misses trowel marks etc, my old boss would say no one's perfect and your always learning, just try and remind me self in between driving me self bonkers!

No where you coming from pal always second doubting, grilling me self over finish shining lights up it pick out every and any little snag, then spend rest of day worry about it, never happy with what I've done always fault finding drives me mad! But as said even the best have have off days and make mistakes, misses trowel marks etc, my old boss would say no one's perfect and your always learning, just try and remind me self in between driving me self bonkers!

Sorted your mong quoting out no charge.

That's what I like about doing things start to finish. No worries about having missed anything.

Your rhight I'm getting worse as I'm getting older. But I have said I'm going to pack it in 7 8 years. Cleared morgatge income from other house still do little jobs il only be 52 lol don't whan sit around. The reason I'm Tring to be perfect becouse I whant to go out on a bang that I was hell good plastrer that had respect for his work and say that for many years to come at least then I have achieved something in life to look back at