Pricing

Members online

Funny
Amazing ain’t it. f**k**g ridiculous.
thing was got a call back from customer and said guy that did it f**k*d it up so in I went to re-do the clowns work and f**k*d another grand on to it for the hassle,all worked out in the end!
Serves them right for going with that rock bottom estimate 3k job now turned into a 5k job for customer,every cloud n all that........

I also arranged for someone to do the coving as I don't it said it would be about £150 all in .....now got the stuff to do it myself

your prices to low mate maybe think your a chancer / no disrespect
I hate this when people say your prices are to low, if he can do that in a day work it out 300 minus material 270 if you can do that in a day it good money. If he takes a day half still good money. Depends what you whant from it how much do you average a day then 600 pounds a day? you mite get it if you work for a millionaire ffotballers ect. At the end of day you got to be sensebile about pricing find the middle not to cheap not to expensive. I've seen lads that are very expensive don't last long. I haven't done a fortune in plastering over 25 years paid my way. Not wishing my life il be retired 52 another 7 years to go not many can say that as self employed plastrer

I did my level 2 in plumbin last yr to supplement plastering and tiling . Same there as well. Cos it's not gas and therefore not regulated fb is full of lads who will fit you a garden tap for 45 quid in mats..absolute joke. They'll prob make 20 ish quid
Although you do make the money back on plastering jobs doing rad swops and bathroom fitting

I did my level 2 in plumbin last yr to supplement plastering and tiling . Same there as well. Cos it's not gas and therefore not regulated fb is full of lads who will fit you a garden tap for 45 quid in mats..absolute joke. They'll prob make 20 ish quid
Although you do make the money back on plastering jobs doing rad swops and bathroom fitting

I'm 25 years in with a solid reputation and I can still loose a domestic living room around our area over a tenner!!!

Work out how long job will take at your day rate plus materials = price... If you don't get job that's tuff luck. If they get 3 quotes in its a lottery which one gets the job. Probably on average the middle price I guess. Who knows.

I hate this when people say your prices are to low, if he can do that in a day work it out 300 minus material 270 if you can do that in a day it good money. If he takes a day half still good money. Depends what you whant from it how much do you average a day then 600 pounds a day? you mite get it if you work for a millionaire ffotballers ect. At the end of day you got to be sensebile about pricing find the middle not to cheap not to expensive. I've seen lads that are very expensive don't last long. I haven't done a fortune in plastering over 25 years paid my way. Not wishing my life il be retired 52 another 7 years to go not many can say that as self employed plastrer
i can remember saying the same about retiring hope it works for u/bet in20 years u will be on here as the oldest trowel swinger in town

Work out how long job will take at your day rate plus materials = price... If you don't get job that's tuff luck. If they get 3 quotes in its a lottery which one gets the job. Probably on average the middle price I guess. Who knows.
I don’t day rate when it’s a room size as customer might not be there and I might work a lot later in that day to get it finished or I might be working with someone else to get it finished quicker in that day ....if it’s a small wall etc that’s different then day rate applies the same as working with some builders, that’s just my way of working and it might be wrong

I also arranged for someone to do the coving as I don't it said it would be about £150 all in .....now got the stuff to do it myself
I don’t day rate when it’s a room size as customer might not be there and I might work a lot later in that day to get it finished or I might be working with someone else to get it finished quicker in that day ....if it’s a small wall etc that’s different then day rate applies the same as working with some builders, that’s just my way of working and it might be wrong
If that's a fairly comfortably day for you, then materials would be £30-£40 so your making £260 for the day. Which is pretty top end day rate. They probably got a quote for £230-£240 off another plasterer and went with him. It's hard to say without seeing the walls and how much they need bonding out but if it's half a bag of bonding first thing then 2 sets you'd be done by 3 or 4.
I work on 2 set days and just work out how many days it will take and price accordingly. You always get odd months though where you don't hear back from hardly any quotes then next month send off 20 and everyone gets straight back to you.

Yes but you still figure it out in days don't you?

For me a room is always same price. Two days plus materials plus 20%

Bada bing.

Too cheap !
No carpets down
Radiator to take off & reinstall £80
Materials & labour £ 450
Total £530 do not fook around with pva
Grit bond only . pva is for wood
Not a chance you should text or call
If they want it doing

Your welcome

to
i can remember saying the same about retiring hope it works for u/bet in20 years u will be on here as the oldest trowel swinger in town
My goal is nother seven years on morgatge I've got a nother rented house in a good location. Turns 15 grand a year like a holiday home. Then just sub big jobs out might keep my hand in little jobs and enjoy life il never stop working just pick my hours. people that will have to graft til 70 it not rhigt uk system in everything we do is fuked.

to
My goal is nother seven years on morgatge I've got a nother rented house in a good location. Turns 15 grand a year like a holiday home. Then just sub big jobs out might keep my hand in little jobs and enjoy life il never stop working just pick my hours. people that will have to graft til 70 it not rhigt uk system in everything we do is fuked.
What get me on this subject how come police fire service NHS nurses were able to retire at 50 55 old. OK they see things that I wouldent wish on nobody but physical work that a joke. What about the construction industry. We graft to keep NHS police fire service building. And we are forgoten about on the pension side and our work much more physical than thers

Everyone should have a day rate.. You say I'll work for £150-£200 depending on job difficulty. Time 2 days. Materials £70. Removal of waste £10. Travel if over 20 miles £10 to cover fuel = price.... You can't just pick a figure based on wind direction. You need some formula or you end up 99% of the time out of pocket or way out of the line with other prices. This is where its gets frustrating for customer when they ask for quotes. Half don't turn up to view. Then prices can be way out of line so they start asking questions which upsets the trades and they drop out. If you want 4k a month that's £200 a day with the Saturday a bonus if you work it. We only work 11 months a year or less and anyone on £200 a day is doing way better than me but its possible.

Last edited:
What get me on this subject how come police fire service NHS nurses were able to retire at 50 55 old. OK they see things that I wouldent wish on nobody but physical work that a joke. What about the construction industry. We graft to keep NHS police fire service building. And we are forgoten about on the pension side and our work much more physical than thers

Them lazy f**k**s, saving lives everyday and getting 0 recognition.

Because, you donk, they pay into a pension. If you did too then you could sack it at 50

Off topic but... Albert Einstein... He said about compound interest which is a pension as mine is growing on the interest it's earning. I started paying I tiny amount when I was 18. He said its the eighth wonder of the world.... He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn't, pays it. My pension grew 6k in one year.. Bully for me but self employed need to be better advised on money planning. Imo... Oh.. Still not going to give me much. I think £300 pm when I'm 65..maybe..gee..

doesn't happen up north cockney

Them fuckking Muppets spend it all on accommodation, don't they? They think that 1500 a month is ok for a bedsit in Croydon.

My digs cost me one day's pay per month and they ain't no bedsit. Top banana 140 m^2 loft apartment. Probably be a million quid in London

[QUOTE="Tinytom, post: 1247865, member:
Where abouts are you? £200 a day is easy in South Yorkshire, more towards 300 is achievable is your a decent salesman

Mate if I was being paid £120 a day top line I would jack it in and go stack shelf’s in Aldi. Take your tax Nat ins and all your overheads off that and your down to minimum wage, absolute mugs

Last edited:
Because, you donk, they pay into a pension. If you did too then you could sack it at 50
Who the f**k your calling donk...... I know they pay in to it.. but the benffit they get from paying in to a work pension compared to other work force I'm on about you donk...

My wife pays 11% of her wages into her teachers pension....its hard to take but hopefully we last long enough to take advantage

Who the f**k your calling donk...... I know they pay in to it.. but the benffit they get from paying in to a work pension compared to other work force I'm on about you donk...
But they have come to some sensebile changes.. They are moving ther retirement age to 60 less benefit in ther pension pot d did you know they paid in to the fuking pension pot he said no I did not lol