problem with wallpaper that wont come off

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Just use zinsser dif, wallpaper stripper that is, you just knock it up and spray or rolling on or brush on, it will get the lot off. Not tried it on wood chip yet but I'm sure it would work on that too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nothing works on woodchip especially not the glossed stuff !!! What evil twisted mind would dream that up:sorprendido3:

Luckily don't have it over here , but I do remember the shoite well and as said peeps in the 70s seemed to delight in painting it with gloss !! Often odd orange and greens n brown.
Steamers would just blow the wall behind.

Another vote for the paper tiger and zinnzer dif stripping solution. Never tried it on that old victorian stuff though. Feck knows what sort of glue they used back then.

I have no time for all this.if I turn up and see paper I use the grinder and the metal cleaning brush attached to it. Job done in seconds.

I know the covering you are talking about.you can pva it but it might bubble in areas,,it is pretty impossible to shift even with a paint stripper.grit it.but as above say to customer it's not spec to plaster over..some of that stuff had what look painted patterns on it,,,,Victorian circa,,,,was in a house 2 months ago for another phase I done work 3 years ago in ,it was not painted,no issues
I could never quite work that Victorian pattern thing out, I think the pattern bleeds through to the surface behind. Truly awful but skimmable. I always say to customers if it's welded on we'll be ok. Had a customer in tears once that couldn't get woodchip off.

I could never quite work that Victorian pattern thing out, I think the pattern bleeds through to the surface behind. Truly awful but skimmable. I always say to customers if it's welded on we'll be ok. Had a customer in tears once that couldn't get woodchip off.
Think the stuff had a coat of shellac on it,
Thats why it won't budge.

Woodchip comes off eventually wen I bought my house every bedroom had orange glossed over woodchip and the missus got it off..

customer got it off today, decided they didnt want to risk it...the chap had to basically chip the old plaster off to get it off, warned him of the risk and that id have to re charge if it fell off and that swung it? I could hear him all day today giving it some real hammer, he looked done in bybthe end, I felt quite sorry for him.

customer got it off today, decided they didnt want to risk it...the chap had to basically chip the old plaster off to get it off, warned him of the risk and that id have to re charge if it fell off and that swung it? I could hear him all day today giving it some real hammer, he looked done in bybthe end, I felt quite sorry for him.
Beger get some bonding in by the sounds of it

Early days young grasshopper :D its the right thing to do your reputation is very fragile so doing it the way that almost guarantees success is the way forward :D

problem with wallpaper that wont come off
Bet its been glossed over a few times aswell..tbh I wudnt even care if there refusing to do it f**k em..get sum blue grit on it and skim away..I'm at the point now where if I get customers who say I ain't taking it off its 2 hard id be like ok luv Il just skim it..
Just looking back on this thread ,I've got a reskim on , the guy whose strip the house said e can't get it off passing the buck a bit so what u said above will it do the trick ??as u can see it's horrible brown shite that's holding the brickwork up

If it's welded it will probably be OK. Its rare I do it, and always explain and get it in writing that the customer and not the plasterer is taking a slight risk. Would grit rather than pva though, won't re-emulsify.

View attachment 14252
Just looking back on this thread ,I've got a reskim on , the guy whose strip the house said e can't get it off passing the buck a bit so what u said above will it do the trick ??as u can see it's horrible brown shite that's holding the brickwork up
Ye just grit it like squarehead said if its welded on and u put grit on It with skim it shudnt come off but just make him aware its his responsibility..when u get there just have a little go urself if you take it off easily he obviously cant be arsed himself as some are just lazy and expect you to do it

Grit it. Several to choose from , most need 24hrs to cure. Renegotiate price (client has failed to do his bit), make sure he knows grit is extra....

I ain't got that far yet on this job i just wanted clear any problems up b4 I end up paying for it later :fuckyou: