PVA

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I become slightly live when wet with fosters and very lively the wetter I get, is that the same thing? ;D

Bod said:
It definitely does i go carp fishing and we use pva bags for bait and once its in the water it melts.

I think that's a completely different PVA Bod. I've been down my new syndicate lake all day and might as well have used a dried lump of Febond as bait :(

right so if it dose, why dose everybody bang on about two coats of pva.
one to seal and one to bond because if the one that seals becomes live when you put wet plaster on it then surely it will bond the plaster.

what do you reckon guys?

Bod said:
It definitely does i go carp fishing and we use pva bags for bait and once its in the water it melts.

yer i use them too but in the winter when the waters freezing cold they dont melt (dont know what my point is but thought i'ld mention it) maybe pva dont work when freezing cold?

essexandy said:
Bod said:

I think that's a completely different PVA Bod. I've been down my new syndicate lake all day and might as well have used a dried lump of Febond as bait :(

Its hard work this time of year, But i am sure its just pva same as wood glue and pva we use there aint alot in it, I know if you let a roller go hard from pva if you soak it it goes soft again

get a tub of unibond plasterers pva its about £25 a tub 5ltr and its thick as trifle read the side of the can itll tell you everything you need to know about pva, the decent stuff anyway

kirk johnstone said:
right so if it dose, why dose everybody bang on about two coats of pva.
one to seal and one to bond because if the one that seals becomes live when you put wet plaster on it then surely it will bond the plaster.

what do you reckon guys?

usually do give it a tack coat but depends what your going on? done a few ceilings & walls pvaed the day before no probs i just test it with wet fingers if they stick or tack to the wall/ceiling im happy,think its a suction thing if its not got any suction like silk paint or something i like pvaing the day before.

fed up of porridge quite like weetabix at the moment

I add loads of oats and some salt and just enough milk to the bowl to turn it stodgy then microwave until it firms right up like flapjack.

try that andy ...... its bang on

I do mine slowly on the rayburn, heats through nice and slowly while I'm showering but I'll give your method a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.