Rad brackets & bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying for a while to find an easy way round these. I always get the rad taken off but normally they want it back in the same place.

Removed the brackets & bolts - tends to fill the holes.
Removed the bracket and leave the bolts 1/2 out. - I can't get a good stroke keep catching my trowel on the bolts.
Removed the brackets and screw the bolts fully in and dig the out later. Lost the bolts completely.

Anyone got some special secret method or Am I right in thinking 1/2 out with the bolts is the easiest just be more careful?

i leave bolts 1/2 inch out, go careful around them, but on the final trowel, take the bolts out and give it some welly, you won't lose the holes. it won't be perfect but the brackets and then the rad will cover it

yea leave um in dnt matter if it aint 100% around that area as the rad will be there...

pug answered that, you can put some ducked tape around the bolts just to soften the blow on your trowel if you clank one of them.

my tip...bracket off , screw out...get matchstick in holes...and in your stroke if u clip a matchstick it aint gonna ding your trowel, unlike a screw or bolts......works for me
seen a guy put twisted toilet roll in screw holes 2 skim , then a bubble stands out where tissue is and he picks it out at the end to show holes...i did it very next job and lost the holes lol....so i now keep to the matchsticks idea

Status
Not open for further replies.