Reading books

This threads turned G**
You say that but I thought you might like this, absolutely not as any personal reflection on yourself! Just because..

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN
They f**k you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were f**k*d up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

Used to read loads of kray books . Lenny McLeans govner book is a great read.
Footy hooligan books as well . Not the southern ones though as there full of shite lol
Same mate, you read bbc book by Steve cowens? That’s a good un, rise of the foot soldier another good in

Same mate, you read bbc book by Steve cowens? That’s a good un, rise of the foot soldier another good in
Think i.ve read foot soldier of may have been carlton leech.s . The Everton ones good. Think its called scally

Richard E Grant doesn't drink so the director put neat vodka in the lighter fluid can.

I read that it was vinegar. The mystery continues. On the way to Scotland once I insisted on stopping off in penrith to seek out the penrith tea rooms, only to be told by a local that that scene was filmed in milton Keynes.

I read that it was vinegar. The mystery continues. On the way to Scotland once I insisted on stopping off in penrith to seek out the penrith tea rooms, only to be told by a local that that scene was filmed in milton Keynes.
Don't qoute me but i think vinegar was agreed but vodka was put in instead to get a suprised response.

Damn those pesky scientists!!

Creationists hate scientists so much that they actually bother to train their own. Google Bob Jones Universtity.

In other news, I also keep back some classic children's books from my own childhood....some old fashioned stuff...some slightly more modern. I have Biggles, some Richmal Crompton 'William' books. A bit of Paddington, a bit of Jules Vern and my treasured first edition copy of Rikki Tikki Tavi

Add...Paddington and William are too good for children. They are expertly crafted gems, designed for adults to enjoy reading to kids... some of the humour there is decidedly adult ....sort of a bit like a very early Simpsons.

Last edited:
Creationists hate scientists so much that they actually bother to train their own. Google Bob Jones Universtity.

In other news, I also keep back some classic children's books from my own childhood....some old fashioned stuff...some slightly more modern. I have Biggles, some Richmal Crompton 'William' books. A bit of Paddington, a bit of Jules Vern and my treasured first edition copy of Rikki Tikki Tavi

Add...Paddington and William are too good for children. They are expertly crafted gems, designed for adults to enjoy reading to kids... some of the humour there is decidedly adult ....sort of a bit like a very early Simpsons.

I read the moomin books with my daughter and if I didn't have kids I'd read them myself. Tove janneson is incredible, the moomins exhibition at the south bank was tremendous