Recommedations.

Members online

GM8

Hello all

Do any of you use these self test asbestos kits? If so can you recommend any reliable companies that do them. Want to it for artex ceilings.

If I google it theres loads but never know who is legitimate or not. So any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers
G

Depends where you are and really you want an independent firm one that isn’t tied into an asbestos removal company cos they will have an agenda to get the work

Cheers mate.

I'm in Somerset. I was thinking one of these do it yourself jobbies. They advertise about 50quid for 2 samples kind of thing.

Cheers mate.

I'm in Somerset. I was thinking one of these do it yourself jobbies. They advertise about 50quid for 2 samples kind of thing.
You still send it away though don’t ya? What’s it for? Can’t you over board it instead of all the drama it won’t be harmful if isn’t disturbed

Yeah, I normally overboard. But I'm still disturbing it locating joist. So was thinking I should be getting checked first.

Yeah, I normally overboard. But I'm still disturbing it locating joist. So was thinking I should be getting checked first.
I just had a look on line they are 40 quid so not to bad mate, amount of ceilings I’ve done and bashed a hole without checking it is up in the 100s if not 1000s and I’m still here never been asked to check a ceiling either unless for a company

Yeah I know what your saying mate. Just thinking about how I do things. Thanks for the replies Pagey.

Yeah I know what your saying mate. Just thinking about how I do things. Thanks for the replies Pagey.
No worries mate if you wanna do it that way give it a shot if not get a mask bang a hole either end ping a line and away you go you know what you wanna do