Rendered Borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't think I was being smart!!!
Bumpy smooth is a popular finish it's put on and made to look like hidden stone but sponged so it's smooth.
It has a French name which means hidden stone (Pierre par dou)
Or maybe not quite as I've tried to spell it
slightly off topic, is there much graft over Jersey/Guernsey ?
went on holiday there when i was a nipper and from what i remember it was a canny holiday. not sure which island it was...............was the one with the German hospital on it..............:whistle:
@Jerseyboy

O
Has anyone thought about the potential issues with creating these bands.... As in those who use beads and do bands after do you seal around to stop water getting behind, also this is another perfect example of ledging where water can collect and create that vile green/black staining.
A lot of things can make render look better initially but not always practical in long term.
Just a genuine question before anyone wants to jump down my throat or on my dick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yes I can imagine the look on the site agents face when I suggest not rendering the raised bands because the issue that might acour
If done right they will be fine

slightly off topic, is there much graft over Jersey/Guernsey ?
went on holiday there when i was a nipper and from what i remember it was a canny holiday. not sure which island it was...............was the one with the German hospital on it..............:whistle:
@Jerseyboy
Yes jersey has the German underground hospital.
There is work here it's quiet busy at the moment
But I hear the mainland is also busy aswell

Rendered Borders
Rendered Borders
Rendered Borders
Rendered Borders

Yes jersey has the German underground hospital.
There is work here it's quiet busy at the moment
But I hear the mainland is also busy aswell

Appuleiste ( Appubeads ) avoid cracks by Windows and doors . Using them in EWI and renders.
It s also make it easyer to protect the Frames.

Appuleiste ( Appubeads ) avoid cracks by Windows and doors . Using them in EWI and renders.
It s also make it easyer to protect the Frames.
I use these beads only on EWI works. They wouldn't be any good on s&c render.

O

Oh yes I can imagine the look on the site agents face when I suggest not rendering the raised bands because the issue that might acour
If done right they will be fine

What's the correct way to do them though?
Surely just rendering round with beads on top of the main colour isn't the way to go?
I can imagine it doesn't pay on site to do properly though so interested to see the methods used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There a few ways.
You could use a 20mm stop bead and do the bands first with the flat render over lapping the join
Render first then scratch around the windows then bead and seal with silicone

I think it's each to there own
My preference would be to scratch coat the walls and return the reveals.
Then when the scratch coat is hard nail batterns around the outer edges and then apply the band and return the reveals ,face,and head in one.
When the band have hardened remove the batterns and render the face of the wall and around the bands.
That applies to quoins,keystones,bands, stores bands

Status
Not open for further replies.