Rendering Finish problems

Members online

I thought it was a bad idea to mix frotproofer whith waterproofer?

Unless you use the powdered frostproofer like Feb Febtite or Medusa. A straightforward frostproofer with no other additives.

Thats according to Feb technical when it was Feb.

Unless you use the powdered frostproofer like Feb Febtite or Medusa. A straightforward frostproofer with no other additives.

But I dont put waterproofer in the top coat. In winter I rely on suction of the substrate to take most but not all the free water out of the scratch coat.

The air entrainer in the water prooer hopefuly will cope with any surplus water. Cover the work up with debris netting doubled up to keep the air off and hopefully any heat loss will ward off a light frost.

The top coat you can use several additives such as Feb Winterbuild and others.

Making sure the scratch coat has cured though. You don’t want the top coat curing faster than the scratch.

But I dont put waterproofer in the top coat. In winter I rely on suction of the substrate to take most but not all the free water out of the scratch coat.

The air entrainer in the water prooer hopefuly will cope with any surplus water. Cover the work up with debris netting doubled up to keep the air off and hopefully any heat loss will ward off a light frost.

The top coat you can use several additives such as Feb Winterbuild and others.

Making sure the scratch coat has cured though. You don’t want the top coat curing faster than the scratch.
You put waterproofer in scratch

f**k rendering full stop.........aint worth the f**k**g hassle.

In fact f**k all plastering.....everything's f**k**g s**t about the trade f**k it all...... worst of all f**k**g whining customer f**k 'em :lol:
I feel exactly the same if it not raining it hot or cold and some customers think you skim a house as quick as laying carpet really I'm just working 3 4 days a week been my own boss having quality time whith kids paying my mortgage and pension come out in 10 years 53 old not wishing my life away

Cold is ok. Just monitor the temperature so it is not going to freeze.

I have had a wall dashed on a Friday, unoccupied house .
it snowed heavy that night. It thawed a bit next day and the gutters fell off causing the wall to get soaked.

The water flooded the garden and the scaffold leaned over causing me to get called out Sunday morning. The wall was covered in a sheet of ice because it froze Saturday night to -5c.

That was 1991. That pebbledashing is still there today.

That had Feb wintermix in.

Cold is ok. Just monitor the temperature so it is not going to freeze.

I have had a wall dashed on a Friday, unoccupied house .
it snowed heavy that night. It thawed a bit next day and the gutters fell off causing the wall to get soaked.

The water flooded the garden and the scaffold leaned over causing me to get called out Sunday morning. The wall was covered in a sheet of ice because it froze Saturday night to -5c.

That was 1991. That pebbledashing is still there today.

That had Feb wintermix in.
I don't do much external render over winter to much nowhdays to much hassle my favroute program used to be the weather not any more

Febtite was a liquid waterproofer/plasticiser, are they using the name for something different now?

sounds like who ever rendered the house has made a balls of it.. rendering with sand an cement shouldn’t be blown.. I’ve rendered in the summer for years an as long as you know what your doing your good to go. Plus all these pre bagged s**t has made it even Easier.. no pissing about with adding anything to the mix. Just don’t be silly an render on really cold/frost days.. summer.. keep a eye out for overly hot days an direct sun on the walls your doing.