Rendering over paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassy

Hello everyone. I need to pick your brains. I am from Australia so products suggested may not be the same.
The question I have........I have a internal brick wall that has been painted. OMG its ugly. Someone suggested to me that I render and paint it. I am a DIY person with very little money. After researching I am hearing that I cant render over paint. Can anyone suggest anything or point me in the right direction cos this brick baby has to go!
I thank you all in advance

hello sassy, are you familiar with direct bonding using p/board ? you stick dabs of bonding adhesive on the wall then place youre boards on them and tap them level/straight, aslong as the paints not lose flakey etc the adhesive should stick.......touch wood but it would help to seal it with pva/betokontact (or youre local similar products) when youve finished fill the joints with mud and paint

ok m8, just needle gun paint off, u can hire 1 from most hire centres,render & skim no probs

hello sassy, you could paste the brickwork up with a slurry of sand cement and a pva, then render it up or dry line it. we normally use a powdered dry wall adhesive and not that stuff in that clip i would think that tubed stuff would be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.