Rendering Raised Flower Beds

SrH

Hi,
I'm hoping you guys can help me with some advice on products to use and where to start.

I've built a raised flower bed out of 7.3N Concrete Blocks in my garden, and I'm now at the stage where I want to render it. I'm a total beginner with all this stuff and learning as I go. I'm sure you will advise me to get somebody professional in to do the job, but I'm looking to keep costs down.

I'm just looking at some advice on where to go next. From what i've read, I believe I need to apply Bitumen inside the flower beds to protect the outside render?

The pictures below are 1) My original plan (the middle part will be a water feature) and 2) Where I'm at now (the built wall)

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks @John j - would you put this under the render too or just on the inside?

@essexandy - not sure on your beef to be honest? Surely it's not a bad thing that somebody wants to give it a go!?

Just remembered my mates still got my barrow. Though webber nightmare he.s had I think he gonna need it

Did you put a damp proof course in? If so render down to it although it should be a minimum of 150mm above ground. Damp proof membrane to the inside and copings that either slope back into the bed or have drips built in.

Did you put a damp proof course in? If so render down to it although it should be a minimum of 150mm above ground. Damp proof membrane to the inside and copings that either slope back into the bed or have drips built in.
Looks like he just dropped blocks straight onto the grass!

I haven't. I'm guessing that part should have been done during the brickwork? haha.
So you wouldn't use any bitumen or tanking paint? Just put the dpc in and that should do enough to protect the blocks and render on the outside?

Looks like he just dropped blocks straight onto the grass!
Well I didnt. My concreting just ended up a lot higher than I originally had planned.

I don't have a 'beef', I'm just not interested in giving away information about my trade to people doing DIY, never have been, never will.
Fair enough. Thanks for going to the trouble of dropping by and telling me that.

LIke I said - I'm no expert and I'm not even going to pretend I have a clue. I just wanted to keep the costs down and give something a go myself.
Trolling my brickwork or being a first time DIYer isn't really achieving much, but if that's how you guys spend your time then crack on because I'm not that bothered lol.

I haven't. I'm guessing that part should have been done during the brickwork? haha.
So you wouldn't use any bitumen or tanking paint? Just put the dpc in and that should do enough to protect the blocks and render on the outside?

Well I didnt. My concreting just ended up a lot higher than I originally had planned.

Fair enough. Thanks for going to the trouble of dropping by and telling me that.

LIke I said - I'm no expert and I'm not even going to pretend I have a clue. I just wanted to keep the costs down and give something a go myself.
Trolling my brickwork or being a first time DIYer isn't really achieving much, but if that's how you guys spend your time then crack on because I'm not that bothered lol.

The damp proof membrane can be bitumen paint but at least 2 coats applied in opposite directions.