Rising Damp and Replacing Plaster

Rbeee

Hi All,

Been having issues with rising damp at my property (mainly in the dining room), I have had 3 trades people in and given 2 different options:

1. The pre-exisiting damp course to the property has failed and that it can be replaced by injecting rods/cream around the base of the property and that I shouldnt need to replace the plaster as its still structurally sound (doesnt flake/disintergrate) and that the wall should essentially dry out and I can just repaint.

2. Hack off the plaster put on a damp membrane and replaster.

My main question is will the pre-existing plaster be fine if I went with option 1 as when I discussed it with one plasterer they just said no and that it would need to be replastered, so I am not sure who to belive.

Also any advice on the effectivness of DIY kits such as Dryzone?

If you want any more info just ask in the comments.

Many thanks.

Many thanks.
689D24BB-BF65-4082-AE4A-835633FECF5A.jpeg

Hi All,

Been having issues with rising damp at my property (mainly in the dining room), I have had 3 trades people in and given 2 different options:

1. The pre-exisiting damp course to the property has failed and that it can be replaced by injecting rods/cream around the base of the property and that I shouldnt need to replace the plaster as its still structurally sound (doesnt flake/disintergrate) and that the wall should essentially dry out and I can just repaint.

My main question is will the pre-existing plaster be fine if I went with option 1 as when I discussed it with one plasterer they just said no and that it would need to be replastered, so I am not sure who to belive.

Many thanks.
No rising damp visited your property…

Hi All,

Many thanks.

rising damp does not exist....

Get some photos up on here and from there we could probably tell you where teh damp is coming from

photos of both sides of the wall would be good at the very least