Roofing industry

Members online

Sounds expensive

It's a minefield mate the difference in quotes are astounding.
Was wondering if anyone here has had a re-roof ....I've a few questions to ask if ok.

The "roofers talk" forum is just not the same as here.
Then again I don't think any where is lol

Was wondering if anyone here has had a re-roof ....I've a few questions to ask if ok.

Mate I feel it
Been trying to get brickie to sort my leaning wall out they all same same they look say no bother it’s ok never here back no one wants the job

I’m gonna guess your quote for roof anyway I recon
£4K

Mate I feel it
Been trying to get brickie to sort my leaning wall out they all same same they look say no bother it’s ok never here back no one wants the job

I’m gonna guess your quote for roof anyway I recon
£4K

Facia guttering drainpipe

Scaffolding skips etc....

It's the roof and the what seems to be bullshit on different points of view what's needs doing

Lead flashing on neighbours side needs fixing to be water tight aswell.

Quotes between £6.5 and £11.5 so far.

What you like at pointing Pete mate ??

Facia guttering drainpipe

Scaffolding skips etc....

It's the roof and the what seems to be bullshit on different points of view what's needs doing

Lead flashing on neighbours side needs fixing to be water tight aswell.

Quotes between £6.5 and £11.5 so far.

What you like at pointing Pete mate ??
Tbf consider myself 7/10 at pointing mate , I got a ruffneck pointing gun
Find it really relaxing to do too

I just had quote for some cladding and fascias and guttering at nearly £9k.... guess what I am doing this summer?

If you work on sites, why don’t you speak to roofers there, I work on sites and are constantly picking different trades on stuff.

What issues have you got

Its easy to cut a roof and bang it up. Not the hardest form of wood butchery by far. The only difficult bit is getting the first few rafters up. And if you cant nail and clip tiles on a roof then you should be thrown off one.

Its easy to cut a roof and bang it up. Not the hardest form of wood butchery by far. The only difficult bit is getting the first few rafters up. And if you cant nail and clip tiles on a roof then you should be thrown off one.
Sound il see you next week mate lol.

Yes mate we stripped off our thatched roof and replaced with nib tiles (peg tiles to most people). Actually we put a complete new timber structure right over the top of the existing timbers.

Some fellas were going on about going onto nieghbours roof aswell ....I thought here we go :reloco:

Easy for a joiner. I find it easy to get a 40 ton articulated lorry through central London at 7am but you couldn't do it.

Just make sure they know what they are doing. I have seen some bad stuff.

One man a few years back thought he was doing a good job by hammering several nails in each joint. He thought that was strong until I pointed out he was splitting the timber around the birds mouth.

Another roof came down in the wind because they used packing case nails which are like wire instead of 5mm.

Make sure your rafters are straight and if not get them to straighten them with a line. It makes it a million times easier to put kingspan between them if that kind of roof.

There that should get you going on the paranoia side of things. :D;)

It's just old mate bad winds took slate off last week and hit her car.
If it had missed you wouldn't be doing a new roof lol.
We have probs on gable end. A builder Re bed em few years back. Ones come loose. If i can get ladders I.m gonna just go up and silicon the f**k**g thing back down lol

If it had missed you wouldn't be doing a new roof lol.
We have probs on table end. A builder Re bed em few years back. Ones come loose. If i can get ladders I.m gonna just go up and silicon the fkg thing back down lol
That black roof mastic is good for sticking them down John. If you need two stuck together use NoNails. Need to give them a wipe with something to get dust off them.

That black roof mastic is good for sticking them down John. If you need two stuck together use NoNails. Need to give them a wipe with something to get dust off them.
I got a tube of 007 stuff from howarths I think . Ones just flapping so hopefully sort it just need ladders to get up