s&c mix/method - does this sound about right chaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do refurbs in London ,I generally scud coat, scratch next day,I always rule it to see what the wall is like firstly,fill in any hollows if need be, leave it beaded and set for a week then second it,I just like it nice and flat and level as possible, I have seen many new jobs, OCR,mono etc destroyed by it not been ruled flat, the sun grasses the spreads up, some massive developments around London destroyed by amateurs, not saying you of course ,probably cheap as chips two week coursers.i am new to the game since 1987 used to do 250k of work a year since the late nineties but only a quarter of that now. I tried to get into property but the recession put me back on the trowel. Lots of spreads rule the first coat .

i second that John I always rule the scratch coat.

If suction allows I go over the scratch to at least take any high spots off. Even I sectioned it the next morning if there was suction. Then it usually an even second coat on a waterproof background. No suction so easy to rule flat. Most spreads i know though are lazy tossers and free hand. let the devil float flatten it. Looks good until the suns on it sideways but by then the arseholes have been paid so no problem. It's me what gets the complaint hence I am always there with the edge as I trust no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.