s*p*r*lex trowel

Got a Refina s*p*r*lex 2 trowel for finishing. I wet the wall and go over it finishing stages. When I'm doing so I seen faint lines but thought nothing of it but next day the I can see trowel lines on the wall, but no texture diff so when paint on, it won't be seen. Will post a picture of the wall finished and a picture following days where lines visible. The more I use the trowel the more I don't like it. Any tips here and I'll try it next time with the s*p*r*lex? Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG20230629211245.jpg
    IMG20230629211245.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG20230628163837.jpg
    IMG20230628163837.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
Got a Refina s*p*r*lex 2 trowel for finishing. I wet the wall and go over it finishing stages. When I'm doing so I seen faint lines but thought nothing of it but next day the I can see trowel lines on the wall, but no texture diff so when paint on, it won't be seen. Will post a picture of the wall finished and a picture following days where lines visible. The more I use the trowel the more I don't like it. Any tips here and I'll try it next time with the s*p*r*lex? Cheers!
I’ve got a tip for you………… throw it in the skip.

Some mask (before), some brush (during), some cut clean when the time is right. (After)

Whatever floats your boat

I'm a cutter myself.

Cleanest lines
Cheers, give this a wee bash with masking next time see how it is...just being lazy with leaving it but defo does add to the finish if clean coving

Next to nothing there anyway. I personally don't see the issue like I'm not entering a room and drawn to tiny bit of excess on Coving like seriously would you even see it if you tried once paint on, get you boys are pros but I'm not that arsed.. I'll clean next one and compare the two for a difference

There are levels of quality. I get it.

It's a shitty line, if you're doing nice work and or cutting in contrasting colours against a white coving - yep it matters. I make a habit of leaving an immaculate line for the decorator, be it a council house or a £5m mansion, I leave it the same. I pay it forward and make it easy for next person. It takes patience and discipline to constantly do it - everyday,

But that's your name.

It's up to you.

There are levels of quality. I get it.

It's a shitty line, if you're doing nice work and or cutting in contrasting colours against a white coving - yep it matters. I make a habit of leaving an immaculate line for the decorator, be it a council house or a £5m mansion, I leave it the same. I pay it forward and make it easy for next person. It takes patience and discipline to constantly do it - everyday,

But that's your name.

It's up to you.
Totally get it mate if it was my trade I'd be the same, would hate a bad name or even someone to pull my work up when I'm off it would sit with me. but it's not my trade, I'm very new to it, plus its my house. Totally appreciate the feedback tho as that's why I'm on here to find out in advance and not the hard way. Don't have anyone to show me on the job so it's all cool...plenty experience and skills on this page so I quite like ppl being straight with me,... Each wall I do I'm getting better so can't complain too much.

Next to nothing there anyway. I personally don't see the issue like I'm not entering a room and drawn to tiny bit of excess on Coving like seriously would you even see it if you tried once paint on, get you boys are pros but I'm not that arsed.. I'll clean next one and compare the two for a difference
Would you say the same method applies for window frames too?

If the coving is shitty. You can run a tight bead of calk round. Doesn't take long and makes it look clean .