s**t board finish

Members online

Paulyboy

Hi all..new to this.. can anyone advise please.. last 6 months or so..board finish on dabbed walls taking ages to set..texture gritty..takes ages to trowel up..leaving tiger stripes and tearing as well..anyone got any ideas?.. I know British gypsum piss about with the recipe now and again..but this stuff is brutal..ya dont even get much fat off the stuff..the amount of times it takes to trowel up..it should be like glass..yet still leaves a poor finish...unbelievable..
Anybody else having these problems?..
Would appreciate a reply off someone..cheers..

Hi all..new to this.. can anyone advise please.. last 6 months or so..board finish on dabbed walls taking ages to set..texture gritty..takes ages to trowel up..leaving tiger stripes and tearing as well..anyone got any ideas?.. I know British gypsum piss about with the recipe now and again..but this stuff is brutal..ya dont even get much fat off the stuff..the amount of times it takes to trowel up..it should be like glass..yet still leaves a poor finish...unbelievable..

British gypsum simply don't change the recipe mate
there's not a Michelin chef who stays up all night
sorting his

actually can't be fuucked
2 tired from firing it up the walls all day (y)

I had it ages ago with some
Multifinish just a one off will be alreet just knock £20 of the bill and keep your phone turned off

Used some a bit back. Absolute dogshite. Used to only use board finish, now we only use multi.

Have you tried CTS?

What brand of plasterboards were they?

..it should be like glass?

no it should'nt........unless of course you're an ego tosser

We stopped using it because of tigers/ tearing . An order of it turned up to site a few weeks ago by mistake so we threw it on . Exactly how you describe mate , sandy /tigers/ tearing. Was lovely to spread but finish was s**t. Tried everything no water on it , leaving it/ longer go off / all sorts. Just stick to multi from now on might take bit longer go but you always get the best finish in my opinion.

No problems here

0394B5FF-90B4-4BDB-BF69-EF658B3D1AD7.png