sand and cement

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

sand and cement flat render 100 sqm, 4 -1 ,5 -1- 1 how much sand and cement waterproofer and lime for this please

area x depth/thickness in cm.

so 100m x 15-20mm. i use 20mm to allow for waste and unflat surfaces.
(100 x 0.02) gives u ur cubic meterage in sand.

then either ring the merchant and ask for sand in meters and let them work it out, or 1meter is approx 1.6 tonne. or a tonne is 0.6 of a meter. bulk bag is usually about 0.8 tonne.

5-6 bags of cement to a bulk bag

1 waterpoofer

1 feb

work out the lime, cant be arsed

ajplastering said:
why put lime in it?????????????????????

it makes it more workable and helps the render to retain moisture during the curing process which reduces shrinkage it also helps the render to flex making it less prone to crack .

ajplastering said:
why put lime in it?????????????????????

I use lime because the muck tastes better and luckily as a bonus it does what Church says, pinapple also tastes good but doesn't help with the workability so you're probably better of with lime.

cant have waterproofer and lime in the same mix, the lime kills the waterproofer, i presume that he will put waterproofer admixture in the first coat,then lime in the top coat.that'll work

You don't have to mate depends on what you rendering and what you are looking for as a finished product ,it doesn't make the render waterproof just slows down the passage of water through it , i use it mostly to plastersize the scratch coat and even the suction for the topcoat and i think it make the overall render more durable .

Status
Not open for further replies.