Sbr or straight on

hail hail

Private Member
Small question I should already know the answer off but haven't tanked an exterior wall before so thought I'd ask anyway..

Have to tank inside this planter box wall..it's getting filled with stone then some top soil and a few plants.

It'll be getting plastered on the outside with white cement and white sand and the reason for tanking is to stop any damp coming through the wall.

I'll be using bostik tanking slurry or similar. Should I prime with sbr before tanking or straight on with the tanking to the inside of the block's.

If I am to use the sbr, is 50/50 of sby/water ok or will I have to use the sbr straight.

Sbr or straight on

Small question I should already know the answer off but haven't tanked an exterior wall before so thought I'd ask anyway..

Have to tank inside this planter box wall..it's getting filled with stone then some top soil and a few plants.

It'll be getting plastered on the outside with white cement and white sand and the reason for tanking is to stop any damp coming through the wall.

I'll be using bostik tanking slurry or similar. Should I prime with sbr before tanking or straight on with the tanking to the inside of the block's.

If I am to use the sbr, is 50/50 of sby/water ok or will I have to use the sbr straight.

View attachment 78460
How did you persuade @Casper to do the beading for you?

View attachment 78460
Fuk me you'd need to be snakehips to crawl round in that . Fat coonts needn't apply ha ha

Tanking straight on

Sticks

Why not line it?

You'll wish you did after catching your elbows 50 times, that's tight.
Was thinking of lining it but heard tanking a better job. Surely lining it be a nightmare to get right.