screed pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatoe

got a bit of an awkward job to do. basement with under floor heating. one of these would be ideal. are they easy enough to operate???? dangerous???? thinking of hiring one out and sussing it out for a day then getting on with it. would be great if any of you guys had any info or experiences with these babys. normally knock up with a mixer or get ready mix but client is fussy about the heating pipes (ceramic) and im brainstorming. would cut down on a lot of hoofing! cheer lads.

you will need some training on these machines, used these before very, very high pressures involved, also the pipe likes to jump around when pumping, mind your legs! ;)

only a hundred metres. might sub it out though. some friend of a friend knows some dude who could do it for £15 a meter supply and fix. which would break me even (won the job pretty much by screeding the floor for peanuts). so these pumps are a bit dangerous. hmmmmmmmm. just thought it could be a good occasion to use one and give it a go by taking me time.

These pumps are normally a min weeks hire so might not be cost effective, gte ready mix and a couple of our eastern block freinds to barrow it in , or hire a G5 and pump in some freeflo stuff contact L&d in maltby yorks

Is it site work or domestic ? the floor is big enough to have a pump but it depends on how much room you have to work with, have pipes from the pump got to run inside the house to get to the basement ?

pumps can be a bit hit and miss, often abused on site, you need to know a bit to keep them going. also, if your mix is too dry or wet you'll have probs. if its just 100m get pre mix and a boy on the barrow, should crack it in a day!

i like pug and warrior idea cos i konw lads who do big concrete floors like warehouses and its all pump and power float and you need to know what your doing but if you sub it you should make a little bit but its more suited to them guys if you need a pump cos thats will be why youve been offered the quote cos the bloke thinks he can get it cheaper do what the lads say and be a businessman

you can still put ready mix through the pump , i just dont like the bloody things , had a pipe come apart once while pumping surprized it never killed someone

seen lads spend more time twattin the hose with hammers and jumping on them than actually pumping get bobski and a wheel barrow :D

tail end of august last year i had pipe burst on me, sounded like a bomb going off. agent would have shut the site but we had 15 ton of premix to go up 2 storeys. they're good if you get a good one and know what you're doing but the only way to learn is work with someone who knows the ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.