screeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to put a level on it. if its a good job then fair play to him. i've never seen it done like that. always bands.

steve cov said:
i'd like to put a level on it. if its a good job then fair play to him. i've never seen it done like that. always bands.
same as ste ,dont think sharp sand would rub up with just the rule that good :-X

quality of the vid ain't so good but sharp sand will come up like that with a metal straight edge, still needs closing in with a trowel though imo

hmmm

the finish does not look that bad... but what I want to know is how well its compacting down?

I done a fair bit of screeding (hate it) and I make sure its well packed down not sure if this will be the same....

Danny

They dont trowel it off because when the floor is layed they will go over it all with a big electric trowel wirly bird thing. That the way they always do it in europe

still need to use traditional sand and cement screed for slopes though (wheelchair access, drainage in wetrooms etc)

i'm glad your posting youtube links monkey, i've missed them since this other lads stopped coming on here

na just see them and think it looks good well i think so :'(

who all im saying is that even a diy,er can use this even you pug with the right training.
You'd be a professional

flat boy skim said:
simplybesty said:
thats how we do but still run a float over.
is that sharp sand do u think ,dont u rule off screeds then

Yes I rule off screeds and it looks like they were as well. by running the edge up and down like that you get a really flat surface and as its already closed up you dont need to put so much effort into the float. Its imposible to see its its sharp sand or not

Status
Not open for further replies.