Settle an argument please!

Get a grip mate, you've been advising someone to put thick PVA and grit on a freshly skimmed ceiling. Wtf is that all about?o_O Looks like all these old school chaps overcomplicate a simple job.
To be honest I could do with a holiday or 2, maybe this time next year
Used to be just blue grit done all suction control...how things change eh:rolleyes:
Such a short space of time tooo_O

Oh dear... have missed all the fun! When trowel can't get in I use my cock,the fact doesn't have shoulder helps , fits everywhere . You couldn't know the benefits Jess, so I'll say leave it or use easy fill. s**t bits like this are killer for plaster.

Oh dear... have missed all the fun! When trowel can't get in I use my cock,the fact doesn't have shoulder helps , fits everywhere . You couldn't know the benefits Jess, so I'll say leave it or use easy fill. s**t bits like this are killer for plaster.
That is very interesting you'd use your cock in a 2cm gap! ;)

I'm with you bud I certainly won't personally be skimming it!

I'm a fussy f**k*r and if it had to be skimmed, then agree and take the arch off...so much quicker if it hasn't been glued on!@zolco.

Otherwise, skim in adjacent wall tight, and be a bit 'clumsy' with the brush and leave a bit of fat over it :maraca:and leave it to the DEC.

You say no .she says yes so tell her to crack on . I.d tell customer i.d make it worse unless"they" take arc of which might cause damage while i was pricing job. 99 percent will say leave it.

Having said all that I've been cutting up the pva tub to do these.... but they would look shite left

Attachments

• IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    681.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    680.6 KB · Views: 337
would you skim this? Down the side of the arc. It's 3.5cm at the bottom and 2cm at the top.

Ni says skim it.

I say o_O:sleep:
So just to be clear;
you've priced to re-skim a room (hallway) but want to leave a bit because it's awkward?
Jesus Christ!
If you're taking on that type of work you should have a set of margin trowels to get into such spots.
Dreadful attitude young lady(??).

Had a gang of subbies that use to occasionally come and help out in times of need.
When it came to tight spaces if a 13" permashape or a rusty old pointing trowel didn't fit in.
Then it just got left :muyenojado:

So just to be clear;
you've priced to re-skim a room (hallway) but want to leave a bit because it's awkward?
Jesus Christ!
If you're taking on that type of work you should have a set of margin trowels to get into such spots.
Yeah man! There's nothing wrong in my opinion of leaving a gap that is 2cm when the plaster is sound and could be caulked up the corner. If it was all broken and crap then of course you'd get in by hook or by crook. Anyway it got skimmed by Ni and her new shiny wee trowel and she said "god this is awkward, I'll do my best with it" ????

Yeah man! There's nothing wrong in my opinion of leaving a gap that is 2cm when the plaster is sound and could be caulked up the corner. If it was all broken and crap then of course you'd get in by hook or by crook. Anyway it got skimmed by Ni and her new shiny wee trowel and she said "god this is awkward, I'll do my best with it" ????
That internal wanted a bit of scrim down it first and then skimming, no question.

So just to be clear;
Jesus Christ!
Tell her Andy, kick her arse

I always skim them. generally anywhere a trowel won’t go will be awkward so get used to it or take better care when quoting

Think of it from the customers point of view rather than your own. Customer knows fook all about plastering. So while you deem it pointless (you might even be right) all the customer sees is a bit that’s been left. They don’t know or care if it’s a bit awkward for you, they’re paying you to skim the room so skim the room.

I had a spread working for me and we clashed for this exact reason, he was a top spread but has that cutting corners mentality. I hated it so fooked
Him
Off . I feel The pain of whoever you’re arguing about this with.

Don’t think for one second the customer won’t be inspecting every inch of your work once you’ve left.

Attachments

• 9764AB02-09F0-463C-8360-3E753FE3EAA5.jpeg
    9764AB02-09F0-463C-8360-3E753FE3EAA5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 328