Sevile ecoCork

Members online

How does the Arenino look? Any photos? Or videos of it being sprayed? Is it textured?

If it needs to be float finished...can you use a power sponge and how long does it take to pick up?

Cheers

How does the Arenino look? Any photos? Or videos of it being sprayed? Is it textured?

If it needs to be float finished...can you use a power sponge and how long does it take to pick up?

Cheers

Hi Mate, could you please see the Arenino application photos at the end of the page 5 applied by @theclemo @Curry and @Plasterers1StopShop all three application could be found there:

http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/breathable-monocouche-render.66011/page-5

it is nice, posh looking finish mate.

Arenino is easy to apply render coating. Suggest you apply about 3mm to 4mm in two coats. The second coat of Arenino is a very thin coat just to obtain a perfect sponged finishing. Usually you apply about 2-3 mm with the first coat and just 1-1.5 mm with the second coat. About 4 to 6 hours between coats, subject to environmental conditions. You should get about 8 m2 from £14 bag of Arenino of 25kg.

From the small samples I've done this Arenino does look nice. Just waiting for the weather to warm up to try some on the side of my house.

How long untill the Bauwer lite can take some rain? The whole system looks good but I do worry about the British weather washing it away!

Hi Mate, could you please see the Arenino application photos at the end of the page 5 applied by @theclemo @Curry and @Plasterers1StopShop all three application could be found there:

http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/breathable-monocouche-render.66011/page-5

it is nice, posh looking finish mate.

Arenino is easy to apply render coating. Suggest you apply about 3mm to 4mm in two coats. The second coat of Arenino is a very thin coat just to obtain a perfect sponged finishing. Usually you apply about 2-3 mm with the first coat and just 1-1.5 mm with the second coat. About 4 to 6 hours between coats, subject to environmental conditions. You should get about 8 m2 from £14 bag of Arenino of 25kg.

Am I right in thinking you have to use mesh in the Arenino application...between coats? sounds like alot of hassle...and 4 - 6 hours between coats you would be there until midnight. Is the Arenino as breathable as the light?

Need a colour coat that can simply be sprayed over the 'light' as a finish, no messing around with floating/sponging/laying in mesh...this is time consuming.

From the small samples I've done this Arenino does look nice. Just waiting for the weather to warm up to try some on the side of my house.

How long untill the Bauwer lite can take some rain? The whole system looks good but I do worry about the British weather washing it away!

Hi Mate,
Bauwer Light is the insulation, you could compare it with mineral wool for example or with insulation boards. It is insulation which is designed for plasterers and applied by plasterers, but at the end it is insulation which is light weight and only 280kg/m3 in density which is 5 times lighter vs monocouche render for example. Bauwer Light needs to be protected from a mechanical impact and weather impact by finishing coat mate. Sure if you would leave Bauwer Light without finishing coat, it would not be a very good idea. If you would chose to apply Arenino finishing coat, over Bauwer Light, it is harsh weather resistant and water repellent render coating. Suggest you still protect it from direct rain impact for 24 hours after application.

Also you could see on our video, Bauwer Light without finish submerged in a water in order to demonstrate vapour permeability and it was staying in water for 3 days with no issues. But in real application you always require finishing coat mate.

Hi Mate,
Bauwer Light is the insulation, you could compare it with mineral wool for example or with insulation boards. It is insulation which is designed for plasterers and applied by plasterers, but at the end it is insulation which is light weight and only 280kg/m3 in density which is 5 times lighter vs monocouche render for example. Bauwer Light needs to be protected from a mechanical impact and weather impact by finishing coat mate. Sure if you would leave Bauwer Light without finishing coat, it would not be a very good idea. If you would chose to apply Arenino finishing coat, over Bauwer Light, it is harsh weather resistant and water repellent render coating. Suggest you still protect it from direct rain impact for 24 hours after application.

Also you could see on our video, Bauwer Light without finish submerged in a water in order to demonstrate vapour permeability and it was staying in water for 3 days with no issues. But in real application you always require finishing coat mate.

I get it needs finishing with a top coat. Just a little worried about smashing 80mm of Bauwer lite on the walls then it rains and all washes off!

I get it needs finishing with a top coat. Just a little worried about smashing 80mm of Bauwer lite on the walls then it rains and all washes off!

80mm of Bauwer Light could be applied in 2 layers 40mm first day and second day another 40mm, then you could leave it for couple of days before finishing. It is critical to protect Bauwer Light from a direct strong sun in summer in order to avoid quick loss of water within Bauwer Light. Otherwise there is no more risk for Bauwer Light to be washed off by rain than for any other render like monocouche, unless we talk a hurricane mate. Bauwer Light hardens quickly.

Am I right in thinking you have to use mesh in the Arenino application...between coats? sounds like alot of hassle...and 4 - 6 hours between coats you would be there until midnight. Is the Arenino as breathable as the light?

Need a colour coat that can simply be sprayed over the 'light' as a finish, no messing around with floating/sponging/laying in mesh...this is time consuming.

Hi Mate, Bauwer is insulation job which benefit your customer in better living conditions, dehumidification as well as reduced heating bills. That's the reason why Bauwer job is priced considerably more expensive vs one layer rendering, plastering. Also Bauwer Light is 2.5 times lighter vs Cecil Ecocork and 50% superior thermally as well, all that requires some finishing layers mate.

Arenino is highly breathable render coating with the vapour permeability coefficient just 4:
http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/mineral-coating-arenino-vk2/

We always recommend a mesh within finishing layer, but with application thinness of Bauwer Light at 40mm and below it might be waived. Sure you could apply Arenino with one layer approach as well, eg. Arenino is a colour coat which could be simply sprays over.

Also Arenino thin coat competes well with the then coats from JUB or K rend, as you get from a £14 bag of 25kg Arenino, white colour about 8m2 of a nice looking finish mate. Alternative thin coat systems would be about 2 to 3 times expensive mate.

Arenino could be also applied on the top of tired but solid render as well.