Shox

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
had a mad one today. got shocked about 3 times.

I was flattening a ceiling and a wall, and whenever I reached up to the ceiling I got a big fcuk off shock. Was cursing for a bit convinced there was something live near the ceiling. Turns out my hopup has got a rubber foot missing and had cut through my extension lead. Not the worst one i've had but it did my head in trying to work it out.

Anyone else had any mad ones lately?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats funny as f'ck... :RpS_thumbsup:

i kept getting brushed off a bloody 5 volt phone cable sticking out of a wall a few years ago... with a wet trade even 5 volts makes yer recoil a bit!

got a split bag wrapped round me paddle the other day and somehow it pulled the lead in too...
snapped it clean, im mixing up for a second coat of a 3 bagger and panic wasnt the friggin word... didnt have owt else... god was with me though.. found a strip connector in the bag ad that was the fastest bit of sparkying ive ever done... :rolleyes)

I had a shock the other day on a reskim and i was told every thing was dead:-0 all my mate did was piss himself i think he's hoping i get a bad one where i cant let go and he gotta smack me with a bit of wood.

no chance of that mate... or shouldnt be, 240v we use in this country is ac - alternating current, dc will make you grab stuff, ac will chuck you across the room..
or thats the theory anyway, firemen still walk forwards with the hands turned inward as far as i know..

Had a tickle off a kitchen sink a couple of weeks ago - something to do with the (illegal?) socket in the window right in front of it..............
Chris - WTFs that about the fireman? You lost me:RpS_thumbup:

nisus technically correct...
point is.. the reason we have ac, as im led to believe, is, its safer... i.e. it will chuck you away...
you ever hear of anyone actually gettin stuck to a live wire in a domestic? doesnt happen does it?
ive had a three phase belt off a car ramp, chucked me right off...

dc goes one way, if you grabbed a wire youd hold onto it...

ever, as a kid, gone down the local farm whatever, and found the electric fence? of horse yard thing?.. those things are DC... but they pulse current down at about a second apart, you WILL grab hold of it for the length of time the current is in the wire..

the horse one is bloody shockin man (pun intended) i once looked after some top class eventin horses whilst the bird went to america and i did her house up...
bonfire night it was, i went down the feild to check on em, they fine, they all huddled up in one corner (the mares)... the stallion, all on his tod, tongue hangin out, opposite pen, i tried to feed him an apple.... he gets his gob round it, me arm touched the fence... BANG i go one way, he f'cks off top speed the other....

julia laffed her tits off when i told her what happened and thats when she told me about ac/dc...

straight up lads...

mate of mine reckons shocks are good for your heart. his old mad was a sparkx and he reckoned you could also build a tolerance to electrical shocks too.

I'll try that when my lass is in the bath - chuck the hairdryer in until she's more tolerant:RpS_thumbup:

no chance of that mate... or shouldnt be, 240v we use in this country is ac - alternating current, dc will make you grab stuff, ac will chuck you across the room..
or thats the theory anyway, firemen still walk forwards with the hands turned inward as far as i know..

When we were working on a site once they had little drawings on the wall showing you how to stop some one getting a shock and one of the pictures depicted that you hit em with a bit of wood :RpS_lol:

think you're right Chris bout the AC vs teh DC. I could really feel that 50hz, or is it 60Hz, coursing through my body.

Anyone had a shock from across the room? the plaster can still conduct leccy even when it's set, so you can get a shock offa summat on the other side of the room.

Was talking to my sparky mate today about this, and he reckons if I'd been troweling with my left hand, I would've been brown bread.

He reckons if the shock goes down your left hand side it'll stop your heart and kill ya, cos your heart on the left hand side. He said when he was repairing TV's years ago they used to keep their left hands in their pockets whilst they were working. Worst case scenario is if you earth yourself with both hands it'll travel across your body and fcuk your heart.

So does that mean left handers are more likely to get electrocuted?

thats me ****** then. i have got stuck to a cable before lab had to kick the hopup from under me

Worst Ive had was a whole wall that was live whilst I was trowelling it up, strangely only shocked me when I knocked the rad pipes coming out the floor, couldn't stop so carried on, told electrician when I was finished, prob left it as it is, wouldnt have been electrified once it dried out :p

think you're right Chris bout the AC vs teh DC. I could really feel that 50hz, or is it 60Hz, coursing through my body.

Anyone had a shock from across the room? the plaster can still conduct leccy even when it's set, so you can get a shock offa summat on the other side of the room.

me and my mate rendered a house once and he kept getting a shock, then he got a right belt, i rung the leccy board they came out straight away, what it was was the leccy cables that run down the full length of the terraced houses , there was an opening in the joint box where it goes into the house, the leccy man said we was very lucky the sub station is far away so you would have been in big trouble if it had grabbed you right

Status
Not open for further replies.