site work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob88

dont want to discuss prices open on the forum can you private chat on here would like some advice, thanks

been a spread since left school im 26 aint been on site for good 7 years done mainly private, after bit of advice from someone who knows the score with site work

prices but aint aloud to bring it up on forum am i , started on one tuesday **** prices but want a regular wage they got alot on only been doing couple days a week before that so went on site work are they **** on all sites?

**** then , cant make much on it the standard for the brickies and joiners is a joke some walls 2 inches out top to bottom on standard height ceiling and centers arent right got to cut nearly every ******* board mentioned it to plastering contractor couldnt give a **** tho

Very bad money, I got more than this in the early eighties, don't listen to people who say work harder and faster to make it pay, its **** and that's a fact

Very bad money, I got more than this in the early eighties, don't listen to people who say work harder and faster to make it pay, its **** and that's a fact
Yep it is a fact you either do it or don't and if you do you will have to work hard to make a good wage

£5 to screw board, £10 to dot and dab, £5 to skim, is more like it I think, but they prefer to talk on here about 50p a metre jobs , anyone who gets more is lying, ps, I only do day works now.. But had £7.50 a metre supply and fix multi finish skimming including beads and scrim, this was ten yrs ago, 2000m ,gave it away to my cousin as I was too busy, London prices are better than elsewhere bit we have the tits coming here working for f all too..

our rates have dropped from these good days too sadly
i work for a few developers who do high end, luckily I can earn a living albeit not a great one

Last edited:
£5 to screw board, £10 to dot and dab, £5 to skim, is more like it I think, but they prefer to talk on here about 50p a metre jobs , anyone who gets more is lying, ps, I only do day works now.. But had £7.50 a metre supply and fix multi finish skimming including beads and scrim, this was ten yrs ago, 2000m ,gave it away to my cousin as I was too busy, London prices are better than elsewhere bit we have the tits coming here working for f all too..
Forget them prices they are as rare as a contract barring the client from their own property lol

**** then , cant make much on it the standard for the brickies and joiners is a joke some walls 2 inches out top to bottom on standard height ceiling and centers arent right got to cut nearly every ******* board mentioned it to plastering contractor couldnt give a **** tho

I think you are going to fit in here :RpS_thumbsup: Welcome

Forget them prices they are as rare as a contract barring the client from their own property lol
Yes, only on a few high end small developments, not in the main ,far from it,my year is generally, four months working for myself doing a refurb etc, six months here there everywhere working for regular developers and builders, two months off due to aches and pains
re barring the client, this does happen, not by me, I am a minnow,I have seen it a couple of times...

cheers for the replies guys just wanted a bit more info from other spreads about sites going to **** it off in the morning not busting my balls shite pay didnt realise they were so bad , should be on a grand a week job we do thanks for your time

Finish off what you started or you will get **** all they will have to give it to another gang who have to finish it or atleast that's what they will say

think il take a hit on this one mate only a few days of **** pay anyway , put it down to a lesson learned

Don't do it! I refuse to work for them prices. I did a few weeks on site and it was SOOOO BAD. I got asked to do a massive 4 bed house I asked for the price before and it was shocking. Told them I'm off so they offered me abit more on price but was still shocking. Can't believe some spreads would work for that.

****** it off this morning , polish lads going to finish it off **** them , offered more money just to skim but not enough to make a half decent wage for the work you do

Status
Not open for further replies.