Sound of the Sythe

Brimstone

I've just had a hard and heavy week, buckets of mortar up ladders and plastering, doing fireplace breakouts, moving stoves etc and came back from my annual weekend with old mates, walked 10 miles, eating s**t and drinking too much. 5kg overweight again now, more heavy jobs to come this week...
Although it was hard I am really enjoying it but thought WTF? I'm 67, nearly 68 why am I doing this and for how much longer?

Then I tonight, I opened a mail/invoice from one of my favourite suppliers that I sometimes chat s**t with - it was his son, Dad died in his sleep, son had to switch off the life support. Pretty sure he was a few years younger than me, bit of a shock.

It feels like the sweep of the sythe is getting closer, I really need to make some firm plans, settle the divorce money and actually do some of the things I keep thinking of. Not that some of those are physically easy, or without risk, but I've got enough regrets already.

Time for bed, I've got 6 hours then up to load the van.

I've just had a hard and heavy week, buckets of mortar up ladders and plastering, doing fireplace breakouts, moving stoves etc and came back from my annual weekend with old mates, walked 10 miles, eating s**t and drinking too much. 5kg overweight again now, more heavy jobs to come this week...
Although it was hard I am really enjoying it but thought WTF? I'm 67, nearly 68 why am I doing this and for how much longer?

Then I tonight, I opened a mail/invoice from one of my favourite suppliers that I sometimes chat s**t with - it was his son, Dad died in his sleep, son had to switch off the life support. Pretty sure he was a few years younger than me, bit of a shock.

It feels like the sweep of the sythe is getting closer, I really need to make some firm plans, settle the divorce money and actually do some of the things I keep thinking of. Not that some of those are physically easy, or without risk, but I've got enough regrets already.

FFS man. Get a banana fritter Doon yer neck and smile.

Get the bucket list written

Then complete.

Best of luck mate.
Hard game this.
it is a hard game bobski, varicose vein operation, 4 months ago, now stuck at home after hernia operation 4 weeks ago, cant do nothing for next 6/7 weeks, just some of the perks from plastering

time to get out/ cut back workload soon as you can brimstone,

it is a hard game bobski, varicose vein operation, 4 months ago, now stuck at home after hernia operation 4 weeks ago, cant do nothing for next 6/7 weeks, just some of the perks from plastering
time to get out/ cut back workload soon as you can brimstone,
Sounds like you should both do it.
You've done your bit and I realise how hard it is to walk away, it's the 'what comes next' bit.

Sounds like you should both do it.
You've done your bit and I realise how hard it is to walk away, it's the 'what comes next' bit.
i have done it paulf, i am 64, but packed in at 60, just do small jobs now, some weeks not even that, certainly dont miss it, keep the mind occupied thats the main thing,