Sparks and students rise up in London

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read that in the daily mail whilst being chained to a 150yr old tree that's due to be taken down to build a concentration camp?

i think its right that they pay for there education if they get a good job then they can pay it back if they dont then they dont have to they want there cake and eat it fcuk em

Most of them will never pay it back. It automatically gets written off when they reach the age of 55.

years ago if you'd have said it would cost 40/50 grand to do a degree I wouldn't have believed it.

Cameron and his cabinet of millionaires want to privatise the higher education sector, they want to run universities like corporations. It's a sign of what's to come, the NHS is next.

It's good to see the Sparks having a go. From what I understand the 8 firms want to ditch the JIB agreement and cut their pay by 35% as well as deskilling them. As gibbo mentioned on another thread these firms make 100's of millions of profit. They stand to make even more off these wage cuts. The fatcats are having it even better in this age of austerity. From what I know there are other trades in this JIB agreement who stand to lose to, think that includes site plumbers, heating and venting people.

Plasterers aren't part of this agreement, I don't know the history of it to be honest. But it pays to be in a union, a fighting one at least, having said that most of them are s**t. The Sparks know this and they've been doing a lot of it on their own. Fair play to them!

saying that twitch i had a disagreement with a firm about 17 years ago on the ba headquaters building and they had a ucatt guy onsite i told him the problem and he phoned the md of the company and told him i got my money back i wasnt even a member i told the other lads and they s**t themselves they wouldnt do it

When unions put up a fight they're well worth it. They're worth it for disputes, and health and safety.

There's a lot of intimidation from the bosses, on some of the Sparks vids on youtube you'll see the blacklisted workers - guys that have been blacklisted by bosses for organising.

Status
Not open for further replies.