Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree with all that....cured my tendons....best tool I ever had

That's great news mate and not surprising ~ I've spoken with thousands of customers over the last couple of years and its clear that the main issue for most Plasterers is managing the aches and pains associated with the process. Pain killers, cortisone injections and medical procedures to try and alleviate the effects just to go to work.

We have lost count of the Speedskim customers that have called, text or emailed saying they have seen a massive reduction in their aches and pains since adopting Speedskim as part of their daily plastering routine. Getting home in the evening and not feeling knackered out is often commented on.

A great step forward for guys who are 30 plus years old, but for younger guys it has to be the way forward. For some reason aches and pains is an accepted side effect of plastering/rendering. In our opinion, in using our system we can reduce and in some cases prevent these affects across the age groups.

Would be interesting to know how much per year Plasterers spend on Ibuprofen and similar pain killers. For some guys not having to buy these anti-inflammatories probably offsets the cost of your Speedskim in a matter of weeks.

Providing a system that increases your earning potential is very important, but for us its more about the health benefits now. Hope you guys agree ... ;-)

Do you keep the timings the same for the blue blade as the grey blade. I just ordered the 600 and 1200 blue blade. @scottie5

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean upwards?

We dont see any problem in slightly bending the pvc up at the end. Its not something we recommend in our literature but we do understand how it may help in reality.

If you do decide to slightly bend the ends up on your ST (blue) make sure you do it when the blade is at ambient room temperature. If you do it when the blade is cold (i.e straight from the van - this time of year) there's a danger the pvc will snap, as all plastics are brittle in the cold.

A lot of Plasterers keep the ST square and dont make any changes - but its all down to individual preference.. ;-)

I've been debating for a few weeks about buying some speed skim blades. Mainly down to my elbow being knackered at 36yrs old and needing to make work a little easier where possible. And after looking at a few videos and reviews I'm gonna get some. I would be interested on any advice or tips people have about using them. Im gonna buy the 600 and the 1200 and see how they are and maybe the 1800 at a later date if all is good with them.

ive had my speedskim for a while and couldnt be without it :RpS_wub:, definatly takes alot of work- out of the work !!!! :RpS_thumbsup:

Are the speedskim recommended fellas? i tried a few trowels from rafina recently.. the steelflexi and the plastic flexi. To be honest the plastic flexi was fantastic but going near a bead is a no go.. the steelflexi was too simular to my marshalltown to warrent a trip around the country with me lol

I've been debating for a few weeks about buying some speed skim blades. Mainly down to my elbow being knackered at 36yrs old and needing to make work a little easier where possible. And after looking at a few videos and reviews I'm gonna get some. I would be interested on any advice or tips people have about using them. Im gonna buy the 600 and the 1200 and see how they are and maybe the 1800 at a later date if all is good with them.

Very easy to use mate, the ST blue 600mm/1200mm/Pole Attachment PRO set is by far the most popular product line.
1200mm takes care of medium and even large areas, while the 600mm takes care of detailed work and smaller areas I.e hallways, staircases, bathrooms etc. keeps your timings all the same too.
You can finish with the ST, dovetails in with the trowel but reduces to a bear minimum which is good for your aches and pains.
Typically takes 50% of the repetitive strain out of the job.

Here's a link to the how to's mate:

http://speedskim.co.uk/how-to-guides/

PRO set: Speedskim

Worth noting the ST1800mm makes light work of everything if you have nice large areas. Compatible with the Pole Attachment too as only weighs in at 1.5kg ;-)

Hope this helps :)

I gotta tell you on it's first outing I thought it was pretty darn good, very easy to use, the only issue I had was with it leaving lines but I am certain before the week is out I will have bought the 1200 and pole. Watch this space

Last edited:
You making me jealous gps I still havnt had chance to use mine as if been outside rendering,did you alter the corners or use as is pal?:RpS_thumbup:

You making me jealous gps I still havnt had chance to use mine as if been outside rendering,did you alter the corners or use as is pal?:RpS_thumbup:

I used as is for now hence I was getting the lines, but it was old walls I was re skimming so I'll see what it's like on boards before I try and alter, I wouldn't be able to get a finish with at the moment but It does flatten in nice

I use the refina blue spatula and cant fault it,but i only flatten in with it, is the speedskim better ?

I used as is for now hence I was getting the lines, but it was old walls I was re skimming so I'll see what it's like on boards before I try and alter, I wouldn't be able to get a finish with at the moment but It does flatten in nice
Ahh I think a couple of lads on here say they use it more on boards,as you well know with re skims the plaster is anyhow so will be easier with boards.:RpS_thumbup:

If your getting lines where the edges touch the walls just round the corners off slightly (about the size of a 5p) should solve the problem.
If it still leaves lines just tweak the edges by bending the very tips everso slightly.

If your getting lines where the edges touch the walls just round the corners off slightly (about the size of a 5p) should solve the problem.
If it still leaves lines just tweak the edges by bending the very tips everso slightly.

How are you rounding them off ? Just so I do not do damage to it

Status
Not open for further replies.