Spraying sas HBS scrape render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjs

Omg I thought I would be scraping back in the morning/mid morning after we sprayed on at 3 pm and left for next day,but it still wasn't really ready at 6 tonight that's 27hrs.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

How do you mean over done essexandy? Iv not done anything different than I normally do.surely it's got to be down to it only being 8-9 degrees at the mo. Bloody nightmare though lol :)

There are a few products on the market that this time of year are a 2 day scrape ive not used that product before, its no problem you just need to be more vigilant with the weather

My first mono was Primo color. I had 80m2 on by Monday 11am at 9c. Covered it up against frost and it went down to 2c that night. Next day Tuesday still wet and it was just getting ready for I sectioning by 4pm but it was too dark. Covered it up again to keep the air off it but it was rock hard next morning.

I used sas through colour a few months back.we sprayed all afternoon,finished off around 5pm.we tried scraping back in the morning and it was to soft.temp around 20c also.

Lol it's a bloody nightmare I just use weber or parex at least you know we're u are with it I've still been doing same day with hurry up in it been on by about 9:30 and scraped at around 4ish will probs go next day from now on though ;)

Lol it's a bloody nightmare I just use weber or parex at least you know we're u are with it I've still been doing same day with hurry up in it been on by about 9:30 and scraped at around 4ish will probs go next day from now on though ;)
Lol putz that made me laugh "with hurry up in it" I'm guessing that's accelerator?

I used sas through colour a few months back.we sprayed all afternoon,finished off around 5pm.we tried scraping back in the morning and it was to soft.temp around 20c also.
I feel your pain bobby,the last seven days for me have been a mare! So much that Iv turned down two spraying jobs that had to be done before Christmas.the ritmo will not see light till march/April now. ;)

Where you based.i can't see a problem spraying this time of year if it is frost free.spray all day and scrape the next.tidy

agree nothing wrong with spaying at moment as long as it doesn't drop below 0c, quite like it, get loads on, cut it back next day steady away.

we usually go until Christmas then pack up, just a bit of a lottery as to what December you get.

how do you get much on by 9.30? it was still dark here at 8 this morn.

Doing Parex mono in the morning hope it finishes the next day? It will be on by 10am but face north.

We did a presto job which had to be done in the bad winter of 2010. We were defrosting the machine with a roofing torch in the morning and spraying all day. One night the wall froze solid and was like glass for about 3 days until the temp rose then we just rubbed it back like normal. To this day it's still there, looks good and didn't blow or fail in anyway

we got instructed to texture a plot last week with silicone 1.5mm it never cures in these conditions and after 3 days on the wall it got rain and some washed now the builder wants me to sort it and carry the cost

Oh dont worry I have only snag is he owes me a few grand

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I put 18mm patch of Parex mono on last night at 3.45pm south facing wall Temp 4c. Midnight there was an air frost then it rained all night. This morning at 8am only just right for the I section and scratched back nice for noon. Day temp about 8c. So 20 hrs.

Snag it ASAP and invoice him for that too you've got it in writing butt

Today he claimed I had mot been instructed and that I had decided along with my team to do the texture ha ha ha

The plank had the site foreman ring me on wed to arrange us in friday and saturday to texture up. I even had to pull off another job and keep a lad in digs on friday night.

Some people want the earth, blood and more.

I put 18mm patch of Parex mono on last night at 3.45pm south facing wall Temp 4c. Midnight there was an air frost then it rained all night. This morning at 8am only just right for the I section and scratched back nice for noon. Day temp about 8c. So 20 hrs.

were putting monorex on durisol at the moment, were getting it on last thing in day and leaving to the morning after the following day, so nearly 40 hours

that aint so bad, durisol are T***s this time of year because they retain moisture, so its like rendering over a damp sponge.

that aint so bad, durisol are T***s this time of year because they retain moisture, so its like rendering over a damp sponge.
could you put a 5 mm base coat on with some lanko first to give a better base to work on

Ues owl cant u give it a scratch coat of parmurex all over or is it not worth it

could you put a 5 mm base coat on with some lanko first to give a better base to work on

that's what I did in the end I put around 10mm with lanko diluted at 10%, because the durisol was badly laid as well and the concrete had blown the blocks out of camber in places,so nedded to dub it out. but silly bollox that work for us put around 80 metre on before I was on site to suggest it.

That Parex mono I put on yesterday by hand was 9am till 3pm. 15mm on micro gob. 7c in day and down to 2c at night. This morning it was hard, thought it would still be green. But the house is occupied so maybe heat loss dried it?

Hand app jonny perhaps? no where near as wet as sprayed see.

Status
Not open for further replies.