Spreading peace!

5 tools I need is a filling knife sand paper preferably anything under 80 grit a palm sander a belt sander buckets loads of them as I use the disposal ones the ones you don’t clean out and a good dust mask

Today I'm learning a know absolutely nothing about plastering and watching a real master at work. Feel incompetent. Gave me some tools snd a a wall and i papped it. The guys amazing and a great teacher. I wish I'd started this younger but not going to give up. I'm invited back on Monday. I will return and keep learning. Nervous doesn' even cover me today. :frio::wtf:

Today I'm learning a know absolutely nothing about plastering and watching a real master at work. Feel incompetent. Gave me some tools snd a a wall and i papped it. The guys amazing and a great teacher. I wish I'd started this younger but not going to give up. I'm invited back on Monday. I will return and keep learning. Nervous doesn' even cover me today. :frio::wtf:

Tbf he's probably s**t...just a numpty that enjoys having smoke blown up his arse from someone that wouldn't know any different!!!

No busy sane plasterer would invite a bird to watch him plaster all day unless of course he thinks he could stick 1 on you!!

I could think of nothing worse when your busy grafting!!!

Tbf he's probably s**t...just a numpty that enjoys having smoke blown up his arse from someone that wouldn't know any different!!!

No busy sane plasterer would invite a bird to watch him plaster all day unless of course he thinks he could stick 1 on you!!

I'm 24 stone with a beard and green teeth. I doubt the sticking it on part.

And this was the problem I had! No one would take me on! Shame because I was grafter and I learnt quick.... when you think of all the threads about s**t labourers and apprentices, the building company I started with had been through plenty of them and yet they stuck with me!

So so so.......... :burlas:

And this was the problem I had! No one would take me on! Shame because I was grafter and I learnt quick.... when you think of all the threads about s**t labourers and apprentices, the building company I started with had been through plenty of them and yet they stuck with me!

So so so.......... :burlas:
If you think u had it hard @superspread was a b*****d to work for although he has always helped me out over the years and stuck by me

Keep going @TheThreeJ's !!!!

You're lucky you've found someone willing, just takes a lot of time and patience but you'll be reeeet!! (y)
Your paying lip service plastering is shite it’s messy dirty have to make bad crap look good have to dump in bags cos no toilet dodgy gear to contend with moany customers strange customers chasing money then the sayings you have heard over and over from customers like I bet your good at icing cakes oh that’s an art that is it’s ok appreciating the work but reality is it’s crap

If you think u had it hard @superspread was a b*****d to work for although he has always helped me out over the years and stuck by me
Mate you haven't met the gaffer of our building company!

When I laboured for them I used to go home black and blue from digs, they called me wide-load and bollocked me if I was a minute early for being late! To name a few :rolleyes:

Your paying lip service plastering is shite it’s messy dirty have to make bad crap look good have to dump in bags cos no toilet dodgy gear to contend with moany customers strange customers chasing money then the sayings you have heard over and over from customers like I bet your good at icing cakes oh that’s an art that is it’s ok appreciating the work but reality is it’s crap
All very true! And yet we're all still doing it! Lots of cons but great pros... I go to work with my best mate, brew up radio on we have a good laugh and can do something not many can! Not bad really. No desk, no manager no bullshit politics

All very true! And yet we're all still doing it! Lots of cons but great pros... I go to work with my best mate, brew up radio on we have a good laugh and can do something not many can! Not bad really. No desk, no manager no bullshit politics
Defo but when it’s bad it’s bad but when good it’s good I’m basically in a bad period not that you can tell

That's all good and well for now!

However turn it on its head and imagine your work partner decided to pack up!

90% of domestic plasterers work on there own and believe me it suddenly overnight would become and feel a much much harder job!

That's all good and well for now!

However turn it on its head and imagine your work partner decided to pack up!

90% of domestic plasterers work on there own and believe me it suddenly overnight would become and feel a much much harder job!
I worked on my own for four ish years before I met Ni. You're right it's horrible!

erm...I enjoy it. Makes the day go quick cos you don't have a time to stand around, and no matter how shitty the room looked to start with, it looks great after it's finished.

Some poor suckers do nothing but dig trenches for a living! Dig hole...fill hole...dig hole...fill hole...