Stainless Steel Mesh!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys know there is a right side and a WRONG side on eml sheets ???

you must fix them the correct side facing out

wow pirce diffrence £15 extra for s/s a sheet and half extra.. on 300+ m2 thats alot of diffrence!

it will only rust if you strip the coating off ..........oasis do what you want mate i couldnt give a feck tbh

spunky said:
it will only rust if you strip the coating off ..........oasis do what you want mate i couldnt give a (french word) tbh

So you have never seen a job where they have used internal galvanised beads on render and they are rusting after a few months?
There you go oasis he couldnt give a f**k so recommends galvanised for external to553r.

i wouldnt use galvanised beads flynny, the mesh will be covered by 10mm of render, my next door neighbour wanted galvo beads looks fine a year on

spunky said:
it will only rust if you strip the coating off ..........oasis do what you want mate i couldnt give a (french word) tbh

It will also rust if you catch your hammer on when fixing. It will be covered with render but the water still gets in and if it rusts and it will, it is a massive job to fix so why use the wrong materials in the first place coz you wouldnt use multie to skim an external wall so why use the wrong E.M.L?

Oasis use hpx you nob you will half your price and a trained monkey could use it so perhaps that counts you out lol but seriously phone krend and ask to speak to andy craig he will explain how easy it is.

good point flynny ive noticed a huge increase in plasterers using stainless clouts ???..........how many renders have you seen fail because the mesh underneath rusted ;D

pwi said:
Oasis use hpx you nob you will half your price and a trained monkey could use it so perhaps that counts you out lol but seriously phone krend and ask to speak to andy craig he will explain how easy it is.

so this is a base coat with added fiber mesh and a krend top coat? do they do a smooth krend? and how much per sq does that work out about supply and fit?

oasis said:
pwi said:

so this is a base coat with added fiber mesh and a krend top coat? do they do a smooth krend? and how much per sq does that work out about supply and fit?

i would say a bit dearer than sand and cement.

oasis said:
yeah i would be.. gota be at least a £3000 paint job..

well maybe using krend might be an option i can come down and spread it in a day or maybe get one of the lads of here with the machine and get it done in a week ;)

flynnyman said:
oasis said:
pwi said:

i would say a bit dearer than sand and cement.

the product may be abit more but the time you will save not having to e.m.l the whole place will be worth it they do a gp mortor which is just like cement and gets painted or you could use the cpi stuff @ £3.40 a bag for topping which when you really think about its not really much different in price to s&c

Status
Not open for further replies.