start a new job today

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

got a phone call from a local guy last night, some guy who i hardly know offered me a job.
problem is a kid who i worked with has told me to stay clear as he use to work for him, and says he is a d1ck

£8.00 per hour - will try and sort that out today, but times are hard you take what you can i guess.
i will post on here later and let ppl know how i got on.

much love :-/

£8 per hour i wouldn't set the alarm for that!I know things are tight at the moment but don't let people take the piss out of you

i hope you are just mixing for 8 ph, but i understand what you are saying mate , its more than what you would be getting if you never took the job . at kleast stick at it for a few days to pay ya weekend ale money :cool:

£8 per hour i wouldn't set the alarm for that!I know things are tight at the moment but don't let people take the piss out of you
Got to agree with you there mate. Times are hard indeed, but there are easier ways to earn £8.00 per hour than plastering. It's hard work and a skilled trade to boot. Anyone who's half decent deserves more than that  :mad:

I'm not exactly inundated with work at the moment but have more than enough to keep me ticking over. I'm pretty steadfast on my prices and refuse to work for peanuts  :)

I'm ok to end of jan touch wood! Seen it though people know works in short supply and try to hammer your price.A blpke the other day told me exactly that and almost made out i should be grateful for the work!Told me he was sure he could get it cheaper with the present climate i wished him luck and got in the van tosser

That is cheap

I was getting £11 just for patching council houses and they provided a van s**t work though, managed to get 3 weeks out of them

Take what you can get mate , best of luck to you.Every job you get helps fill in the year look at the bigger picture

did a days work yesterday just patched up a couple of walls and skimmed them off, he was pleased with my work said i was one of best he'd had.
he has garaunteed work until january and i have had nothing come through apart from this. it works out at £8 p/h after tax so not too bad.
just not goin to break my back doin the work just take it steady get as much out of it as i can.
was talkin to the joiner he said he had been out of work for months before he took this job.

not sure where everyone is in the country but yorkshire has been dead for 2 months on the building front
new builds have stopped
council are slowing it down for xmas
if any 1 goes into leeds or sheffield check out all the building site which are half complete and stood still with no 1 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.