Stevie gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gerrard was one of the new signings at 24 we'd be raving about him, but we judge him at 34 against himself at his peak.

Jamie carragher Twitter

gerrard close to signing for LA Galaxy

Easy, old school 4-4-2

schmichel

Cole
adams
ferdinand
Neville

Giggs
Keane
Gerrard
Ronaldo

shearer
henry

On the bench, Rooney, viera, scholes.

Other than Ferdinand who I never rated yea as good as it gets I think ,I think , terry , sol Campbell,(fu ckin judas) or ledley king as the other cb

I suppose it might be differnt in a few years if Rooney carries on until 35

Too many off days he has consistent seasons then goes on one for months at a time.

The biggest shame about Rooney is he could been even better, had he had an attitude similar to Gerrard or scholes etc. He never reached his full potential and considering how good he is that's a real shame .

Too many off days he has consistent seasons then goes on one for months at a time.

The biggest shame about Rooney is he could been even better, had he had an attitude similar to Gerrard or scholes etc. He never reached his full potential and considering how good he is that's a real shame .

i agree he never stepped up to world class level of the messi and Ronaldo level but he will go down as the greatest English centre forward, he'll break every record at international level if he stays fit, most Caps, goals , World Cup apperances etc.

ok here we go,

Schmeichel

Kompany Terry Hyypia
Cole

Keane

Gerrard Alonso Ronaldo

Suarez Henry

Its an attacking side oh yeah.
three centre halves with cole wing back overlapping with ronaldo causing general havoc.
gerrard has a right mid but free to rome position, keane is the stopper alowing alonso to spray his poetry all about the park.

not sure I could get Henry to work in a team with ronaldo and suarez but i just couldnt bench him.
suarez just stiking fear into defenders who will make mistakes all over the shop. bang

on the bench

Fowler
scholes viera giggs
carragher stamm
chech

other players tht didnt make the squad

vidic Pallister
makilele bale
shearer owen macrooney bergkamp, bergkamp very nearly made the bench

ok here we go,

Schmeichel

Kompany Terry Hyypia
Cole

Keane

Gerrard Alonso Ronaldo

Suarez Henry

Its an attacking side oh yeah.
three centre halves with cole wing back overlapping with ronaldo causing general havoc.
gerrard has a right mid but free to rome position, keane is the stopper alowing alonso to spray his poetry all about the park.

not sure I could get Henry to work in a team with ronaldo and suarez but i just couldnt bench him.
suarez just stiking fear into defenders who will make mistakes all over the shop. bang

on the bench

Fowler
scholes viera giggs
carragher stamm
chech

yep fairly standard, but I'm not having Suarez for few seasons, over the likes of shearer, berkamp or drogba, sherringham,etc that were at the top of there game for season after season.

But

ALonso .....? Are you on medication, it's a down right Liberty.

other players tht didnt make the squad

vidic Pallister
makilele bale
shearer owen macrooney bergkamp, bergkamp very nearly made the bench

Yep bale never made mine because he didn't have that many seasons in the league, pallisters a good shout but I'd have Campbell ahead of him or Denis Irwin as more accomplished defenders

Schmeichel

Neville - Terry - Adams - Cole

Beckham - Scholes - Gerrard - Giggs

Ronaldo
Shearer

bench
Van der sar
dixon
Vidic
Cambell

lampard
yaya toure
Viera
fabregas

drogba
suarez
henry
cantona

I think the team I suggested with seaman and Owen up front and giggs playing for England all in their prime would have been a great England team

Think gerrard has let himself down by throwing his toys out of the pram,saying he would of stayed if they offered him a contract,a true legend would of stayed and warmed the bench and done a job when asked,but he was having a pop at Liverpool by saying and doing what he has done

Think gerrard has let himself down by throwing his toys out of the pram,saying he would of stayed if they offered him a contract,a true legend would of stayed and warmed the bench and done a job when asked,but he was having a pop at Liverpool by saying and doing what he has done

He never said that tho the press did.

Gerrard did an interview he said himself legs can't do the prem week in week out and he wants to go where he can play more football. The mls is well suited.
He will get less in the mls than what Liverpool offered him but he will get more games than Liverpool would commit

yep fairly standard, but I'm not having Suarez for few seasons, over the likes of shearer, berkamp or drogba, sherringham,etc that were at the top of there game for season after season.

But

ALonso .....? Are you on medication, it's a down right Liberty.

Alonso one of the best passers of the ball the league has seen. With 2 players around him like Keane mean, and gerrard a locomotive, he can do what he likes. It works you can't just have 11 route 1 players rich u Closet utd fan

He never said that tho the press did.

Gerrard did an interview he said himself legs can't do the prem week in week out and he wants to go where he can play more football. The mls is well suited.
He will get less in the mls than what Liverpool offered him but he will get more games than Liverpool would commit
I read his interview and I thought the reason he retired from international football was to play more prem games , he done all that for one season?. Sorry mate he's aving a strop

Even u can't be that blind ,he was told he was gonna be a bit part player and he didn't like it,he gave up england for that for one season ,I don't think so,

He never threw his toys out though He simply wants to play more football and we can't allow for that.
LA Galaxy can. He got 18 months in america playing most games. The time is right his decision and everyone should respect that.

At Liverpool I would be looking at using him as a sub second half or bring him out for big games. Same as what LFC had planned only Gerrard things with his heart not his legs full of desire and hunger to play not to sit and watch sadly he cant cut it week in week out. You can offer it to him if his legs are going

He never threw his toys out though He simply wants to play more football and we can't allow for that.
LA Galaxy can. He got 18 months in america playing most games. The time is right his decision and everyone should respect that.

At Liverpool I would be looking at using him as a sub second half or bring him out for big games. Same as what LFC had planned only Gerrard things with his heart not his legs full of desire and hunger to play not to sit and watch sadly he cant cut it week in week out. You can offer it to him if his legs are going
Do u really believe that ? He wants to play more football so he's going to play schoolboy football in Usa, u don't think money got anything to do with it!
he culd still do a more than decent job for Liverpool,he's better than what u got there atm .he would still be first choice for england if he never bailed,and the reason he bailed was he thought he'd get another 3 season wiv the pool and now that hasn't materalised he's sticking his two fingers up and following the dollar ( I don't blame him for that btw).y not stay around and still get 20 prem starts plus cup games , he would also be a great influence in the dressing room,I would get rid of Rogers before Gerrard anyday

Well I agree he left England to prolong his career for LFC. Bit a massive part of Gerrard as a person is his psyche and nearly achieving the cherry on the cake of your career in the title and it falling away at the last game is a huge blow he is struggling with. I tell u what I honestly believe

If we were banging on the door of Europe and challenging again this year he would have stayed even with a pay cut and half the games but he can see how were struggling and that the title is never going in his collection, that's a big part of his decision he made hes a deep thinker and you can see it in his eyes.

And for the record I do think they should have kept him bit if I was in charge I would not give him so many games and I would pay him accordingly too.
Cliché - no player is bigger than the club. We need to stop relying on Gerrard we need to find our way without him.
Its overdue.

Well I agree he left England to prolong his career for LFC. Bit a massive part of Gerrard as a person is his psyche and nearly achieving the cherry on the cake of your career in the title and it falling away at the last game is a huge blow he is struggling with. I tell u what I honestly believe

If we were banging on the door of Europe and challenging again this year he would have stayed even with a pay cut and half the games but he can see how were struggling and that the title is never going in his collection, that's a big part of his decision he made hes a deep thinker and you can see it in his eyes.

And for the record I do think they should have kept him bit if I was in charge I would not give him so many games and I would pay him accordingly too.
Cliché - no player is bigger than the club. We need to stop relying on Gerrard we need to find our way without him.
Its overdue.

So without sounding argumentive he's thrown his dummy out ,cos he's not getting what he thinks he deserves be it money and playing time, don't get me wrong I think he's an awesome player prob best ever lfc player

Last edited:
I don't think he has thrown his dummy, I think it was gonna happen no matter what. He owes nothing to anyone least of all Liverpool fc and they can't afford to keep him happy anymore without progress.

I don't think he has thrown his dummy, I think it was gonna happen no matter what. He owes nothing to anyone least of all Liverpool fc and they can't afford to keep him happy anymore without progress.
Yea but in his mind it's happened 2or3 seasons too soon,he retired from England for nothing effectively

Alonso one of the best passers of the ball the league has seen. With 2 players around him like Keane mean, and gerrard a locomotive, he can do what he likes. It works you can't just have 11 route 1 players rich u Closet utd fan

Closet Man U fan .... :-0. That's a low blow that lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.