taking on an apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

Got sold by the idea off my old boss because he said you could get a grant for £2000(ish) for taking one on.

Have been looking around, and may have found a possible apprentice, but he hasn't left school yet, and infact leaves in mid-june.

Apparently you need to find someone who has been unemployed for 6 months to qualify for the grant.

Does anyone have any experience in this or can you suggest a solution to getting the above apprentice AND managing to get him on the 1st year course for sept 2010.

I have recently set up in business so this grant will really help.

Thanks

basically i think the crack is if you take someone thats been on the dole for 6 months then they pay him 50 quid a week or so for 6 months and give you about 500 quid initially and another 500 or so after 6 months...
its not really an 'apprenticeship scheme' as such, thats something different, prolly gonna involve you sending em to college 1 day a week etc and agreeing to all the government regs etc...
thought crossed my mind a while back and its easy enough to set up, just need someone on the dole though...

cheers spunky.

nope... not off a course! recon to know what i'm doing.

any questions i have, then i've got you guys... ;D

Hi All,

I have been on the dole for the past 6 months so I qualify for this scheme.

If anyone has the capacity to consider me, I would really appreciate it!!

I hav been working as a double glazier for the past few years however unfortunately due to job cuts throughout the company, was made redundant in September last year. Since then I have been actively trying to seek employment within the plastering industry as it's something I'm really keen to pursue.

Whilst in my previous job, I also laboured for a plastered so I have some basic experience including bonding reveals, boarding, small patchwork, rendering and pebble dash. I also boarded and taped ceilings for him, before he skimmed them.

As I mentioned, this is something I am really keen to pursue so any advice would be greatly received!!!

I live in County Durham but willing to travel through out the North East. I have my own transport so travelling isn't an issue.

sorry dan. too far away for me, but good luck mate.

spunky... what is up with you tonight??? rag week?? ???

yeah... bumming in the mouth is defo something i'd do! defo pissed mate... admit it!

RMK said:
sorry dan. too far away for me, but good luck mate.

spunky... what is up with you tonight??? rag week?? ???

yeah... bumming in the mouth is defo something i'd do! defo (french word)ed mate... admit it!

DUNNO BOUT THE REST OF YE BUT IM HAMMERED AN ON FE CKIN STILTS IN
THE MORNIN :mad: every time i get hammered the caps lock thingy seems
to happen ???

There is a 3 year scheme out there mate that pays you a bursary for year 1 n 2 and then like a bonus for year three not sure but i think it's about £4.500 but they have to complete the 3 years to get the final payment, contact citb or a training provider they will point you in the right direction ;)

Give Cskills a ring, they will put you in touch with one of their reps who will give you all the information about the grants etc that you are eligble for.

Status
Not open for further replies.