tape and joint corners

Members online

ChrispyUK

Got some sliding wardrobe doors to fit soon, and at mo, wardrobe has 2 hinged doors with about a foot of board above doors and archs around it. Need to modify opening and take out the PB straight to ceiling. Apart from ceilings, think walls are taped and jointed. If they were skimmed, Id probably carefully remove skim and plant angle beads on the corners each side of the doors, but no skim depth. Is the angle tape stuff any good/easy to use? Ta.

Got some sliding wardrobe doors to fit soon, and at mo, wardrobe has 2 hinged doors with about a foot of board above doors and archs around it. Need to modify opening and take out the PB straight to ceiling. Apart from ceilings, think walls are taped and jointed. If they were skimmed, Id probably carefully remove skim and plant angle beads on the corners each side of the doors, but no skim depth. Is the angle tape stuff any good/easy to use? Ta.

Photo?

IMG_8492.JPG

best I've got mate.

Don't want any wood lining each side of doors, just a plastered corner.

Could possibly use stop beads but thought this stuff could be way to go and use joint filler and sand to blend in to existing wall.

Aluminium-Metal-Drywall-Joint-Flexible-Paper-Corner.jpg

It’s good to use but remember even when you ‘pinch’ the metal strips together when planting it on your corner, the arris is always that small piece of paper tape...not as strong as a proper metal bead - but still does the job :)

It’s good to use but remember even when you ‘pinch’ the metal strips together when planting it on your corner, the arris is always that small piece of paper tape...not as strong as a proper metal bead - but still does the job :)

Thank you sir. Never used it before but thought it might be a good solution. What would you do?

Have a few practice runs if you’ve not used metal paper tape before. The key is to ‘squeeze’ the gear out from underneath so as to not get bubbles ( just using your thumb and forefinger slide them down ). You’ll manage, your a smart bloke :)

Have a few practice runs if you’ve not used metal paper tape before. The key is to ‘squeeze’ the gear out from underneath so as to not get bubbles ( just using your thumb and forefinger slide them down ). You’ll manage, your a smart bloke :)

Thank you...much appreciated x

Well, back to the job today, nice early start and got setup. Got some abrasive mesh and my sanding pad to give my handywork a quick flick and feather it out. Bit of a dingy room, so got the site light setup and just about to start sanding when I realised that they'd only gone and painted it!! :sorprendido3:
Not happy!!!!!

Well, back to the job today, nice early start and got setup. Got some abrasive mesh and my sanding pad to give my handywork a quick flick and feather it out. Bit of a dingy room, so got the site light setup and just about to start sanding when I realised that they'd only gone and painted it!! :sorprendido3:
Not happy!!!!!

Lol...that's mega!!!

Not happy!!!!!
Must have been a top-job...good on you.
What you drinking tonight? :)

Must have been a top-job...good on you.
What you drinking tonight? :)

I'd love to think it was left as A1 mate, but it was near the end of the day and was decent but not quite finished as its only easifil. I'd got a few other jobs to do today, so thought I'd hit it with a bit of mesh, then quickly fill any imperfections then do other stuff and come back to it. Had to get a heater on it as the paint hadn't quite hardened off properly, then knocked it back, re-filled, heater, sand and now I'm gonna get smashed!!

Finished wardrobe job yesterday as doors where on order and Ive had food poisoning for a few days. Came out ok.
IMG_9450 4.JPG

IMG_3443 2.JPG
IMG_8080 2.JPG

IMG_7289 2.JPG
IMG_8729 2.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8729 2.JPG
    IMG_8729 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 122