The Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt01

ANYONE A MEMBER OF THE GUILD OF MASTER CRAFTSMEN. IS THE £400 MEMBERSHIP PER YEAR BENEFICIAL. i KNOW IT GIVE CUSTOMERS THE PIECE OF MIND AND ALL. BUT... AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU ARE PARTING WITH MONEY AND I'M EXPECTING THAT MONEY TO WORK FOR ME.
IS IT WORTH THE COST OR IS THE GUILD JUST ANOTHER DISGUISED MONEY PIT.????

not sure but there are loads of this stuff about..i mean look eny one with £400 CAN HAVE IT REALI...oi no they say they only take the best but surly they ent ganna turn down 400 big ones.

Personally i think the 'Worshipful company of Plaisterers' is a better bet, you need an apprenticeship or nvq L3 to be a member, £50 a year, one of the old Livery Companies of London

oasis, dont waste youre money, i was a member years ago, got f... all out of it !!. had to give 4 references which they then phone to check it out, they are supposed to look at your work, but never did. the bloke came round the house to give the pack, stickers, stuff for printing, etc,and to collect 150 quid. he tried to get me to buy a new van, mine was a old bedford HA van, looked like s..t,. told him i was buying another soon, gonna get it sign written and all, so it all looked pro, looking back they just wanted the money mate, but they did check the references i gave, one of them phoned me back. up to you mate :)

Yeh cheers del.
The guy just wants to come out and see me(take my cash), also mentioned the 25% off a new van and 30% off at builders merchants, ahhh and I get stickers for the van.

no problem mate, the impression i got was that they are just interested in you promoting them, looks good their stickers on a new van, at your cost, whos helping who ?

just cancelled this year after two or three years payin dont think it helped mutch full of promises at the start on how you can bang your rates up and all that but at the end of the day it a competitive market so you can only price what somone is willing to pay also having to pay the fee each year is a pain in the arse

Status
Not open for further replies.