The perfect bull nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used one here on hemp putty, it's quite unworkable stuff but it did a half decent job.

Link Removed

The building is over 100 years old. IF i had a time machine, i'd go back and watch the spreads working :RpS_laugh:

They used to run bullnoses in plaster of paris and it would be finished work, The mould would incorporate a nib either side to skim into flush. Bit like a corner bead

I've used a couple of things. My dad fabricated a tool for running them in s&c and for skimming I just use a piece of plastic. Been a long time since I've done any though.

can you plumb a battern either side, make a sliding mould and run it in
lol u mean a batton or la batton in french, god sake boys what yous doing down their, a corner is an arris lol we learn it in first year, me and a fellow spread were just discussing how much the new people learn and i thinkitbullshit the jocks alot betterthan the english and the irish and the welsh lol jocks all the way

we would finish the set off with a piece of polythene folded in half so as not to use the rough edge,

Last edited:
thought(in queens english)that an arris had straight curved sides as opposed to being bullnossed?

lol yes mr english, an arris has 2 side so does a biscuit like, urmakin it sound complicated bullnosed = rounded arris lol try teaching ur apprentice that then the world mite not end in dec anyway from us up north hope u never master the real way toodleoofurnoo

oh i see you meant a rounded arris...like a bullnose:rolleyes)

sorry couldn't understand the rest of your post...lost in translation and al that old boy:flapper:

lol u mean a batton or la batton in french, god sake boys what yous doing down their, a corner is an arris lol we learn it in first year, me and a fellow spread were just discussing how much the new people learn and i thinkitbullshit the jocks alot betterthan the english and the irish and the welsh lol jocks all the way

Here Scots......How did ya fair at the Tough Mudder then ????

fookers to shoot!! they come out low,fast and very close never any time to shoulder the gun and im w@nk at shooting from the hip

Beddy is oot all the time looking to bag a haggis with his new rifle. Pity nobody's told him haggis are native to the scottish highlands :RpS_biggrin:

Cheers Casper,I was told they had one leg shorter to make it easier runnin. round Scottish mountains such as Ben lomond, Ben nevis etc..:-0

Aye Fatarm, i've walked Bens lomond and nevis many times over the years and seen many haggis running wild. A bit on the plump side due to the tourists feeding them sarnies and biccies.

Status
Not open for further replies.