thermal plasterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1

Hi every one need some advice i have a job where i need to screw fix thermal boards to brick walls what screws should i use and how do i fix cant use board adhesive as custom needs to get floor boards up .walls are old bricks and new blocks boards are 5cm thick thanks

Oasis has got it right and with thermal boards use some nailable plugs as well. Dont try to just screw fix it though.

sorry get it know if its not being skimmed use hammer fixings

why not batten the wall out with 25mm tile lath and use a vapour barrier..
insert 25mm cellotex inbetween battens, vapour barrier (screwfix nice and cheap) over the top then use normal 1/2" board with 25mm drywalls...
better fix, better job..

Chris W said:
insert 25mm cellotex inbetween battens, vapour barrier (screwfix nice and cheap) over the top then use normal 1/2" board with 25mm drywalls...
better fix, better job..
and twice as drawn out, just dab yer thermal boards as mentioned previously done and skimmed for dinner ::)

warriorupnorth said:
Chris W said:
better fix, better job..
and twice as drawn out, just dab yer thermal boards as mentioned previously done and skimmed for dinner ::)
sounded like he wanted em to be removeable in the near future.. otherwise... yeh, dab em :p
madmonk said:
chris would it not be better using duplex boards instead of vapour barrier
yeh i suppose so... ive just done it before with old boards and an offcut of dpm... same difference really.. foil back better job though..

Chris W said:
warriorupnorth said:
Chris W said:
better fix, better job..
sounded like he wanted em to be removeable in the near future.. otherwise... yeh, dab em :p
madmonk said:
chris would it not be better using duplex boards instead of vapour barrier
yeh i suppose so... ive just done it before with old boards and an offcut of dpm... same difference really.. foil back better job though..
How would he remove the boards after if they are skimmed up? or are they not skimmed ? confusing post this , you kneed to elaborate more on your post if you want the right answers, instead of every one guessing at what your after Mate. ??? Spunky tell em mate :mad:

theyd have to be left...
i was getting the impression reading between the lines that he's come up against a customer doing his own 'project management' - badly...
sounds like he's waiting for a plumber or the sparks and he's just gone to op "well cant you just board em up and skim em later so you can get on?, only thing is i need to get the floor up next week' etc..etc... we've all seen it all before..
only guessing like... maybe the advise should have been 'just tell the bloke to shut his cake hole and let you know when the plumbers been, you wont get paid twice!'

ive had customers tell me to quick overskim a bathroom with horribly wobby walls having been advised to straighten em out one way or another first only to have em on the phone a week later cos the tilers pulling his hair out...

whats the bettin op's on day rate? ::)

feck knows warrior ive lost the plot he cant be skimming it can he ???

Status
Not open for further replies.