Things must be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandview

I have been browsing the job bidding web sites and I am amazed at the amount of people looking for work. If you check the link https://www.mybuilder.com/job/view/18954 you will see that 94 plasterers are bidding on a wall thats damaged and needs plastering. Its a real shame to see. I just have an image in my head of a massive que of plasterers outside someones house waiting to price the job up, almost like waiting in a dole que. Its probably only worth a few quid aswell. Surely there must be a limit to the ammount of people bidding for a job.
Ive never really used these sites mainly for this reason. Have any of you ever placed a bid and won a contract?

I ve heard of these sort of sites, i surpose there a good idea especially for poeple who have no clue about the building trade and do not know how to get hold of tradesmen , not sure why a plumber has quoted for the plastering job though ???

i am on my builder.com quoted about 12 jobs, and never got one job, i don't bother with it now its a waste of time, if you pay them you can put up to 4 "happy costomer feedbacks" on there so when someone is looking for trades they will see people with feedbacks first

It's just under twenty quid for four refs, put you could give em any ones tel no for a reference there is no follow up :mad:

church said:
How much do you have to pay them Steve if you get the job ?
they charge 5% but you pay them straight off if the jobs agreed if you then loose the job through no fault of your own i.e. they cancel or don`t have money to go ahead you get no refund

Cheers mate sounds like they have it all sorted out dont think i will bother them ::)

I wouldn't f**k**g entertain those sites. Loads of poxy homeowners getting a million quotes for f**k all work. I don't think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.